• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

DEC Micro PDP 11/83 system for sale

H_Gregg

This system was last used in the late 1990s, and has been stored ever since (not recently powered on or tested).

BA23 pedestal case, includes Micro PDP 11/83 “badge”, and front and back covers.
DSC_0002-la.JPG DSC_0001-la.JPG

Cards, starting with slot 1; Clearpoint QED-1 memory, appears to be 4 Mb (148 each MCM6256AP12 256k x 1 bit memory chips):
DSC_0012-la.JPG

KDJ11-BF CPU (M8190-AE) with LTC & serial port:
DSC_0014-la.JPG

DHV-11 (M3104) 8 line sync mux (no distribution panel):
DSC_0016-la.JPG

RQDX3 (M7555) disc controller (no photo). This is connected to a Maxtor XT-2190 (190 Mb) disk in the lower bay of the BA23. In the upper bay of the BA23 is a DEC RD53-A disk, currently not connected to the RQDX3 or power:
IMG_2898-la.JPG

Note: this system hasn’t been powered up in years; I cannot guarantee it is fully functional, but it did work when last powered off. As this is a reasonably heavy system, pick up in the San Francisco, California area is preferred; shipping, if possible, is at the buyer’s expense. Asking $1000 OBO.

Other items available include a number of QBUS cards (I’m currently inventorying them all), RT-11 documentation set, VAXstation 3100 (VS42A-BC) with DEC color monitor and VMS documentation.

I hope this system finds a good home!

H_Gregg

In another box, I found a TK50 tape drive (on the slide for the BA23 box) and M7546 controller card, along with a RX33 5.25 inch floppy drive. I will add these to the 11/83 system at no additional cost.

I also have a DEC M7504 DEQNA ethernet card available (at additional cost).

I've researched packaging and shipping, and the cost would be about $300 to ship in the US.

Yes, it is still available. Hopefully you are located near San Francisco?

H_Gregg
i'm actually on the other side of the country, but since i'm generally a little anxious about shipping nice things like this i'm not opposed to driving out to pick it up in person once i've finished moving. would you be willing to hold it until june or july?

Last edited:
i'm actually on the other side of the country, but since i'm generally a little anxious about shipping nice things like this i'm not opposed to driving out to pick it up in person once i've finished moving. would you be willing to hold it until june or july?
sorry, should've probably clarified that i'd only be asking you to hold it if i made payment- i'm not entirely opposed to shipping it either, but if you'd rather try selling to someone more local i totally understand!

hush - I can certainly hold it for you with a deposit, and balance on pickup. We can arrange details via PM (assuming PM works these days).

commodorejohn - I have a rough list. I need to clean it up some, then I’ll share it. No reason for this stuff to sit in boxes …

Direct Messages (DM) work fine. However, Hush still has less than 10 posts, so there may be some limitations on their end? Perhaps a Mod. can help here?

Dave

yep, i don't seem to have the ability to dm just yet - i can be reached at my username @ dec.dog for the time being!

Direct Messages (DM) work fine. However, Hush still has less than 10 posts, so there may be some limitations on their end? Perhaps a Mod. can help here?

Dave
New users (under 10 posts) cannot send DMs, but they can receive and respond to them.

excellent, thank you for clarifying! @H_Gregg, feel free to reach out whenever you have a free moment and we can iron out details!

Back