• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

1993 SGI Indy for trade

grimm

Experienced Member
Years ago my boss gave me his SGI Indy that he had used for his research. He knew that I collected old computers and thought I would like it, which I do. :) But I'm trying to keep my collection more focused and although I do like a lot of the 1990's systems (Amiga!), I have been limiting my self to just systems from the 70's and 80's. I have many holes in my collection and would like to keep filling them even though it's difficult at this time. Long gone, I think, are the days of $40 C64's and Vic 20's.

So if someone would like to start collecting in the Unix world with a early SGI Indy, I would love to trade this system for another one from the 80's. I already have a few of the usual systems (C64, Vic 20, TI99/4a, ect). So let me know which system you would like to trade and I will let you know if I already have it.

The system dates from 1993, the first year they came out. I haven't yet tried to turn it on, but I can if needed. Judging by the 4mm backup cartridge, the system was running up to 2001. The CPU has a later 1994 date, which I think means that it was replaced because the first CPUs under performed (R4400 maybe?). There is an internal disk but I'm not sure what size. Same with the memory, but the memory slots are fully populated. It also will come with an external SCSI hard drive, external SCSI CD drive, external SCSI 4mm DAT tape drive.

It still has the original keyboard, a Microsoft PS2 mouse, but not the original video camera (if it came with one?). It will also come with the IRIX 6.5 and IRIX 6.5.9 upgrade CDs and a GTCO cable (my boss said that he connected a GPS to the system through it). I also have a 13w3 to VGA cable (SUN) to make it easier to connect it to a monitor. All of the SCSI and power cables are included as well.

If you need more or better pics, let me know. I live in Spokane, WA, USA for shipping concerns. Thanks for looking,

Jason

sgi-01.jpg sgi-05.jpg sgi-02.jpg sgi-03.jpg sgi-04.jpg sgi-06.jpg sgi-07.jpg

I would love to get my hands on one of those old silicone graphics computers. Sadly I doubt I have anything you would be interested in. Also shipping would be rough to and from Ohio. I do have some C64, Atari, and Tandy Color Computer 2 but outside of the C65 executive model none of it is hard to find.

Hi jimbox114,

I have a lot of holes in my collection, so I'm missing even the easy to find systems. I am looking for an Atari 800 to match my Atari 400, so that might be something? I also don't have any of the later Atari machines (Atari 800XL, Atari 520st, etc.) I think that shipping is going to be painful no matter where it's going. I was thinking that I would pay to send the Indy (which is really heavy) and the other party would pay to send their system to me.

Is that really a C65 you have, or is it an SX64? If you do have a C65, I wouldn't trade it for a SGI Indy if I had one. :)

Jason

Here is the pictures of the external peripherals...

sgi-08.jpg
4mm DAT tape drive

sgi-09.jpg
External Hard drive

sgi-10.jpg
External CD drive

I have more pictures of them if needed.

Jason

I have an extra Amiga 500 systems that i would offer for consideration. From a choice of 3 actually, in various external condition, one has internal memory expansion to 4MB iirc. Would come with PS and mouse.

Hi vldmrrr,

Sorry, I just accepted a trade for the system. Not that I wouldn't want a A500, I lost all of the Amigas that I had.

Jason

Back