• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Selling 2x Epson QX-10s, Amiga 1000, Amiga 2000HD, and assorted peripherals

jvalordv

My late father loved computers, and for his work as a criminologist, he did a lot of designing, imaging, and video work. He had an assortment of vintage computers, including a pair of QX-10s, an Amiga 1000, and an Amiga 2000HD. They still function to this day.

My mother and I aren't sure what to do with these, and she is looking to clear space in the house. As a result, she moved these machines to the garage. I'm worried about the longevity of these machines, given the lack of climate control in a Florida garage. Their only protection is a flexible plastic covering draped over them. She wants me to see what I can do to sell them.

It's been difficult finding comps for most of these, given their varied conditions in terms of yellowing and items on hand. The QX-10s are pretty yellowed, for example, while the Amigas only seem to only have yellowing on the keyboards and mice. I also have yet to find the cables for the Epson's monitors, as they seem to be pretty unique, and I've only been able to find one set of keyboard and mouse, so while all the devices turn on, I can't yet even determine how functional they are. The Amigas are fully functional.

So, basically, I'm looking for information on the value of these machines and devices, and to sell them. Additionally, I'm wondering if these are hardy enough to keep in the garage for the time being until they can be sold, or if they should be moved back inside immediately.

Here's a full album of the Epsons, Amigas, and peripherals: https://imgur.com/a/CMto0ud

The Epson QX monitor cables aren't too difficult to make up, they just use standard DIN connectors on each end. However, the monitor end uses a 7-pin DIN plug and the computer end uses an 8-pin DIN plug.

They look just like a Commodore 1541 drive cable or MIDI cable, differing only by the pin count. In terms of connections, they pass 120VAC (Hot+Neut), Comp. Video, GND and I think that's it.

If you need the pinout data, I might be able to provide it - but check the manuals first, it may be listed.

Last edited:
What country are you in ?

I'm basing these prices on UK equivalents - I thin the value is broadly similar.
No idea on the Epson and printer gear you have but the Amgis 2500 (a souped up Amiga 2000 with an accelerator card and hard drive) with the monitor could be worth between $600 and $800 on Ebay as it all seems to be working

Similar for the Amiga 1000 with the monitor, RAM expansion and Genlock - looks like its missing the keyboard cable (easy to replace) and comes with a side port memory expansion and a Genlock (perhaps worth around $50 on its own)

Hope that helps.

The Epson QX monitor cables aren't too difficult to make up, they just use standard DIN connectors on each end. However, the monitor end uses a 7-pin DIN plug and the computer end uses an 8-pin DIN plug.

They look just like a Commodore 1541 drive cable or MIDI cable, differing only by the pin count. In terms of connections, they pass 120VAC (Hot+Neut), Comp. Video, GND and I think that's it.

If you need the pinout data, I might be able to provide it - but check the manuals first, it may be listed.

The cable passes 12VDC, not 120Volts. Otherwise, you are correct.

The Epson QX-10's are often found on eBay without the keyboard and monitor and sell for $100 - $200. The monitor itself sells for $100/$150, but with high shipping fees. As a working computer with software, keyboard and monitor/cable they sell for $450/$600 and again shipping is a killer.

Back