• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Unisys Aquanta HS/6 (ALR 6x6) Pentium Pro Server w/ Many Parts - All New Old Stock

LiqMatrix

Veteran Member
This will be free to the right collector/preservationist. You will have to pick this up in Portland, ME. I have to move this quickly (within the next week). Comes with a huge amount of new old stock parts to keep this Pentium Pro beast running for years to come. These systems are very rare and basically unicorn status. The motherboard's barrel battery was clipped to prevent leakage. There is an external battery hookup on the mobo. Luckybob and I picked up six of these back in 2018. He kept three and I have found homes for two with responsible and caring computer preservationists. This is the very last one and probably the only one you will see in this condition and with this many extra parts. Serious collectors/preservationists only and I will need a photo of the environment you will be keeping it in. Any interested party will need to have a minimum of 100 posts here at VCF. This will be a mostly loaded system and four large boxes of parts plus a few small boxes as well. It has Windows 2000 Advanced Server already installed on it and is ready to roll. More details when you PM me. This is NOT first come first serve, but rather who I feel is the best candidate over the next few days. I will post here immediately when the system is spoken for.

More info on these systems here: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=65669

A video I made about these systems: https://youtu.be/M_R-40zjhuo

Note: Shipping is not an option. Please don't ask. I reviewed many options and I just can't trust freight with such a rare item in such pristine condition. Once again, pickup only! The ALR 6x6 community is small, but has some great members who help each other out when they have issues with their systems. I will point the lucky individual who gets this system to the Discord channel where many ALR 6x6 owners hang out. They're a great and talented bunch. Cheers!

https://imgur.com/a/RUyh2ud

Last edited:
God bless you liqmat!

Brother, you know it would be all yours for the taking if you lived closer. With the amount of hardware that goes with this system it would probably cost close to $1500 just to ship it to you and it would most likely get damaged in the process.

I've received no inquiries so far folks. If this doesn't move by Saturday I will be transferring this to my NE trading partner and he will be moving it through his private collector channels. Don't miss this rare opportunity!

I am one of the lucky few who have been given such a mythical system by liqmat. I'm super grateful and when says he includes extra parts to keep it running, he really means it. He has really gone above and beyond. Here are just some photos of my ALR

Brother, you know it would be all yours for the taking if you lived closer. With the amount of hardware that goes with this system it would probably cost close to $1500 just to ship it to you and it would most likely get damaged in the process.

I know that the shipping costs to Eastern Europe are high, and it was out of question for me since the initial giveaway, but I just wanted to thank you for your generosity and if I lived in USA, I didn't hesitate to pick it up. I wish for the lucky owner to take good care of it and to keep us updated with his status. All the best to all from Romania!

Too far for me as well. :( Honestly though that's silly amounts of power. I couldn't even remotely think of what to demonstrate all that with.
I tried for a chance to get one about 11 years ago that was in the window of a gaming cafe. They never budged and it disappeared when they went out of business in 2013.

I would love to add this to my small collection as sort of a crown jewel, and I'm able to pick it up as well.

I set my criteria at the top of this post. This is a system I only want in the hands of someone with a known good track record in computer preservation and why I am offering it at no cost. One of the big issues with a system of this nature is that you need the skill set to rebuild parts like the power supplies since they are difficult to find. Most of the parts in this system are ALR proprietary such as the CPU and memory boards and would require electronics skills to repair them. Yes, there are many spare parts included, but I still want someone who has been in the computer industry for years and fully understands what it takes to maintain complex systems. Is this like a large mainframe? Oh hells no, but it also isn't your everyday off the shelf system either. ALR designed their boards in this system to take Intel's Socket 8 architecture beyond what they were designed for. Anyway, once again, if you MEET the criteria I am asking for, please, feel free to PM me. I have trading partners who I trust will get this into the hands of other skilled preservationists if I run out of time. Thanks for reading.

Note: If any long time VCF member here knows of someone who can pick this up and has the skills to maintain this system please feel free to contact me so we can discuss. Obviously not every computer preservationist has an account here.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking. This is now off the table and heading to my NE trading partner. Cheers!

Back