• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Massive Vintage Thinkpad Lot for Texas Pickup Only

username1

Experienced Member
Hi everyone, I hope this post is allowed as these are not my computers, I'm intermediating.

I'm currently talking to a guy who worked at a computer shop that closed down. He's now got dozens of vintage Thinkpads in various states of functionality he's looking to scrap or sell. I was initially going to buy them but realized I really do not have the room to store or transport these. He wants $200 for the lot, which he says you'll need a truck or SUV to carry it all. I've got an inventory list and photos I'll attach, although this isn't all of the computers and there are lots of spare parts.

THESE ARE NOT MY PCS, I DO NOT OWN THEM. I'M JUST TRYING TO FIND A BUYER.

The lot of computers is located in San Antonio, TX, and he said he'd be willing to deliver them within a few hours radius for another couple hundred with a truck and trailer. I would hate to see all of these IBMs go to ewaste and am hoping a fellow texan with some time and storage space can help rescue these computers. I have permission to provide his phone number in PMs to interested parties. Time is of the essence here, he's looking to have them picked up late next week for ewaste.

Photo Album of the computers: https://ibb.co/album/DgQV5S
Pastebin link to inventory and model numbers: https://pastebin.com/BWGPS5vr

I've also posted this advertisement on the thinkpad forums in hopes of getting these saved but if you're serious about picking them up, I can provide info. Thanks!

Interest has been expressed in the computers by a San Antonio local, hoping to be able to close this thread next week after pickup, but keeping it open in case this falls through

I don't suppose this was someone in Hill Country? Those boxes look awfully familiar, as I picked up a whole trailer load (and then some) of ThinkPads back in 2021. I'm STILL sorting through and selling parts.

Back