• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PCB Sets for Tandy 1000EX / HX 3-in-1 640K / RS-232 / XT-IDE

WimWalther

Experienced Member
FOR SALE: DIY PC Board sets for Rob Krenicki's Tandy 1000EX & 1000HX 3-in-1 640K RAM / RS-232 Serial port / XT-IDE Compact Flash drive board.
​​​​​​
COST IS $12 PER SET. INCLUDES MAIN PCB AND BACKPLANE COVER AS SHOWN. PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING TO THE USA

This expansion board adds the following features to your Tandy 1000EX/HX computer:

* 640KB Base System Memory (DOS Conventional memory)

* 96KB Upper Memory (DOS UMB)

* RS-232 Serial Port (16550 UART)

*:XT-IDE based CompactFlash HDD (SSD)

Full information including Bill of Material, ROM firmware and construction notes is available on the project page:

https://github.com/rkrenicki/Tandy-EX-HX-3in1
THIS LISTING IS ONLY FOR THE PRINTED CiRCUIT BOARD (PCB) SET. NO OTHER PARTS ARE INCLUDED. ALL REQUIRED PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE FROM MULTIPLE ONLINE RETAILERS.

Attachments

• photo61468.jpg
    photo61468.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 8
  • photo61469.jpg
    photo61469.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I bought one of Rob's boards back when he was selling them. It worked well. Do you plan to ever sell them fully assembled or know of a source that does?

I have no plans to produce finished boards, but another gentleman is doing just that. Here's a snip from the email which Rob sent me.

ROB KRENICKI WROTE:

For those of you who missed out from my production run, or were interested in buying a second card, I have good news: A new person has taken up manufacturing 3-in-1 boards! They are exactly the same as the boards I was producing, and he has my full support. He is only taking orders from the US at the moment, but he is working on adding international shipping options in the near future.

For those of you interested in purchasing one, please fill out his order form located here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...e3xlg/viewform

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. $150 each new. Ouch. Considerably higher than what I paid. Perhaps I need to look into sourcing the parts myself then.

While $150.00 is still fair in my view, it is a 50% hike over Rob's last price. Frankly, it's one of the main reasons I decided to run a batch of boards - that, and I tried to purchase a set from the current builder, but he never even replied to my inquiry.

My sense is that if you're careful about parts sourcing, you should be able to build one for less than half of that figure.

Btw, FIVE (5) board sets left as of this writing.

Considering that people are paying upwards of $900 for complete 1000HX systems on eBay, that is probably a fair price that owners of these systems are willing to pay.

FOR SALE: DIY PC Board sets for Rob Krenicki's Tandy 1000EX & 1000HX 3-in-1 640K RAM / RS-232 Serial port / XT-IDE Compact Flash drive board.

COST IS $12 PER SET. INCLUDES MAIN PCB AND BACKPLANE COVER AS SHOWN. PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING TO THE USA

THIS LISTING IS ONLY FOR THE PRINTED CiRCUIT BOARD (PCB) SET. NO OTHER PARTS ARE INCLUDED. ALL REQUIRED PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE FROM MULTIPLE ONLINE RETAILERS.

Do you still have any of these PCB's available? Please DM me.

thanks

Steve

Do you still have any of these PCB's available? Please DM me.

thanks

Steve
PM sent, excuse the delay..

(And for the record, while I may have an option for the user who asked, the last batch of new boards sold out long ago. I am considering running another small batch, though, if there is sufficient interest.)

Last edited:
Back