• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

AVL Eagle IIe for sale

fm2606

I am selling my newly acquired Eagle IIe (Eagle II) . Cosmetically it is in excellent condition, slightly dirty but nothing terrible. No video is being displayed although I am able to get raster to display. (Following the CRT module adjustments in this doc: http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stu...0_Eagle_I-IV_File_10_Service_Manual_Jan83.pdf. there is 23.9 VDC between Q101 transistor and ground. I turned up main brightness to be able to have the raster show).

There is a RIFA capacitor that has blown on the main power board however a red LED on the main board lights up. Also there is correct VDC (+5/ +12 / -12) coming off of the main power board to the CRT and main board (connectors J3 and J4 if I recall correctly).

When I press "T" and hit RESET nothing happens and nothing appears on the screen. Both drive lights come on but I do not hear or see any drive activity

I am looking for reasonable offers (obviously :) but will ask for $100 over agreed price for packing and shipping. I will ship this double boxed with plenty of packing material between the computer and inner box and then packing material between the inner and outer boxes.

I will only ship to continental U.S.

Reason for selling: As I said I just acquired this computer 2 days ago. The vintage computer bug hit me and the Eagle is my 3rd vintage computer that isn't working. I have a Commodore B128-80 and a TRS-80 m3 that don't work. I am hoping that a nu6509 board will get the B128 working and pretty sure my CRT board is bad on the M3.). When I first came to this site and forums I was told not to get too many projects going. Well I didn't listen and here we are. Also, the Eagle is a CP/M machine, I don't know much about CP/M and honestly there are other things that I'd rather spend my time on.

avl_eagle_iie_front.jpeg

The name badge fell off but still have it and will be sent. I was going to glue it back on but since I decided to sell it I will let the buyer do that.

That's funny. the Badge fell off of my Eagle II when I was picking it up in New Jersey. Thankfully its owner picked it up and showed it to me or it would have been lost. I think they used some sort of soft cheese as an adhesive judging by how it completely failed.

I've had similar problems with other badges that were stuck on using some sort of double-sided adhesive tape. I just take the dried-out tape, clean it and the badge off, give each a spritz of Super77 and stick it all back together. Good for another 20 years or so.

I use contact cement for these style aluminum badges. ITs not the strongest but it works, it does react with some paints though.

The Eagle was produced by Audio Visual Laboratories and was very popular among the AV crowd for managing slide show presentations. One small issue: the entire range of Eagles used the same keyboard badge (IIE), so the keyboard itself is not an indicator of what the system actually is. For that, look to the badge on the rear of the unit.

I recall that Eagle used to have "competitions" where the object was to see how quickly the system could go from packing box to system booted. I think the record was under 1 minute. The general idea was "you can do it; any idiot can".

Back