• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Selling good computers and parts

Phonium

Selling a bunch of computers and parts. Have a Sound Blaster 2.0, AWE32, and several 16s. Several early HP machines. Commodore Plus/4 boxed, Commodore 64 boxed, Atari 520 ST boxed, TRS-80 Model 100, and many others. Best offer on one or all. Will ship in the US. Located in Eugene, Oregon

Any more details on the HP machines?

Do you have an inventory of the "many others" ? In addition to some of the early HP stuff, I also have an interest in some other oddball things (Convergent/Burroughs/Unisys, early Epsons, etc)

Scott

Most of the interesting stuff is listed. The others are just 386 and 486 parts. The HP stuff includes an 86b, an 87xm, some floppy drives, and I might still have some interface modules. Should have taken the HP CRT too, went to be recycled. Rescued from the recycler, but not all of them. Also have an early NEC Multispeed 'laptop'. Nothing is tested, but no obvious damage. One of the drives is incomplete.

NextStep is just down the hill from me... Maybe I should be camped out there looking for interesting things to show up. :)

More than once I've been at the recycling center at the local landfill and seen them run off vintage enthusiasts who want a peek at the computer recycling bins there. I've never fully understood that -- if someone wants to rescue something, why not let them? Otherwise it just turns into scrap. Oh well, I'm getting off-topic...

Regarding the HP. I've mostly been tinkering with the 9000 DIO-based systems (200 series and 300 series). The 86B and 87XM do sound really interesting, but at the same time I don't think I have the bench space or the storage space to take on something new.

Not next step, but they would have eventually got there. It was an e-waste collection area that isn't open to the public, that would after a while send everything to next step. I know someone who has access. I also got several things from a friend at next step who would save interesting things for me, but he passed away and the new guy is much stricter. Also have many Apple things. Macintosh SE boxed, Macintosh LC and monitor both boxed, and a few others.

My last purchase from NextStep was a 25U glass-fronted server rack with not a scratch on it. Came with an HP PDU and lots of extra parts for same. Set me back $100. I use it with a P4 rackmount system and an HP 7970 tape drive. I've got everything in that rack hooked to a "smart" power strip, so it all comes to life when I hit the power key on the PC.

Hi there,

I am looking for a working 360kB floppy drive to put in my Epson Equity 1+. Do you have one in your lot? Please let me know.

Also, would you be able to post a photo of your collection offered for sale? That would be neat to see!

Thank you!

Back