• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

MITS Altair 4k ram and serial boards

RadRacer203

Veteran Member
Selling a couple boards I had got for my Altair but I decided I don't need them. One is an original 4k ram board, seems to be in decent shape, just a bit dusty, and a serial board which seems in similar shape. Likely sitting for many years and sold as untested. Asking $150 plus shipping or best offer

The 4K DRAM board? The one using 22-pin TI chips? God, how I hated those. If you hit the reset switch just wrong, data would evaporate. I replaced two of them with a single SSM SRAM board that used 91L02 chip, 64 of them...

Yeah, I heard they were pretty bad, but it's original! The serial one should be useful at least. I just want to leave my Altair alone, it's heavily modified with a fairly fast z80 setup

Back