• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For free: Old PC w/multiple video/audio cards.

mhkohne

We're cleaning house here at the office and I've come across an older PC that has some interesting video/audio cards in it. It was once used to do analysis of EEG for research, and it's a large tower with a P4, 512G of ram and 250G of HD.

I'm in North Wales, PA, and the PC is in Ambler, PA at the moment (both are suburbs of Philadelphia).

The PC is free to anyone who wants it, but we'll have to arrange to meet. I'm available a lot of evenings and weekends.

The most important thing is that you tell me ASAP that you want it. I don't have to get it out of here this minute, but unless I know someone wants it, it's going out with the rest of the e-waste pile on Monday the 22nd.

Attachments

• photo64700.jpg
    photo64700.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 5
  • photo64701.jpg
    photo64701.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for offering this up. I wouldn’t mind checking it out. I’m not too far away, over near Plymouth Meeting. During the day would work best for me, otherwise I could do an evening. I’ll try PM’ing you

Hopefully someone picks it up, it'd be a shame for that machine to get scrapped. Those early 2000s Antec cases were built like tanks and would take even the largest EATX boards with ease.

Do note that the Antec PSU in the machine MUST be replaced or recapped. Those PSUs are infamous for their garbage capacitors that fail and kill the PSU. I've had to recap hundreds of those things over the years.

This has been picked up, along with a bunch of other junk I had put to the side. Thanks to the forum for not letting it go to the recyclers!

Thanks for offering this up to VCF! I hate to see hardware go to e-waste.

This case is indeed a beast, very nicely built. Thanks for the tip on the Antec PSU caps. Forunately the caps on the ASUS mobo look good.

Back