• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Compaq Portable I, Model 101709, Hardcard (Hard Drive), parts/repair

themikepeng

Experienced Member
Please make a reasonable offer. Pickup can be arranged in Southern California. Otherwise, shipping within US will likely be $40-60.

Appears complete and original. Won't power on... had been fully functional, booting into DOS until recently. Possibly a power supply issue that is a relatively simple fix. Really hoping someone here can repair/ cannibalize for parts.

Keyboard screws are loose but included.

Case also has a chip towards the top edge, but is in great cosmetic condition otherwise.

Compaq's first ever computer and one of the first PC compatibles, definitely a museum piece!

PS. I also have a working Gateway Pentium III machine; if picking up, I can include it for free.

More pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vC?usp=sharing

Gateway PIII: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11I2Pt9AphyYjUkF9ct1XMmubu10Igs4h?usp=sharing

20210907_192841.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20210907_192841.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.4 KB ID:	1234455

Last edited:
Last call. Willing to give for free locally, otherwise have no choice but to send to scrap. Have to make room this weekend.

Is the hardcard proprietary? I may be interested in the hard card if no one wants the machine as a whole, provided it's not some strange proprietary thing.

Im interested if no1 local wants it :). Ive been wanting one a long while now :D. Just let me know how to make the transaction as easy as possible for you. Paypal ok?

Last edited:
I'm not local but would cover shipping to nyc. Sending a dm with contact info

Back