• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS (US): Toshiba Libretto 50ct, 32MB RAM, OC'ed to 133Mhz, New Battery, 64GB CF SSD

perez6991

Hi all, thank you for looking at my post. I have a Libretto 50ct I'd like to sell, I don't make much use of it so I'd rather have it go to a new home. The gist of the post:

- Pentium CPU overclocked from 75 to 133mHz mod
- Max 32MB RAM installed
- 64GB CF SSD
- New 2500mAh battery, original was 1200mAh
- Fresh Windows 95 install
- Original AC adapter
- Original PCMCIA floppy drive
- Casio PCMCIA CD drive, drivers are on the HD
- Decent condition for being 24 years old
- Dead pixel on LCD

If you'd like to read more about the laptop:

The CPU has been overclocked from 75 to 133Mhz, it only gets warm and has never had a thermal shutdown since the mod. There is also a rare Viking memory 16MB RAM expansion installed for the max 32MB. Not surprisingly the original battery was dead as a door nail so I wanted to re-cell the original pack. Unfortunately it turned out the pack used a now a defunct LiPo size of 17670. I solved this problem by designing and 3D printing a case that uses common 18650 cells. I used genuine Samsung cells. It almost looks original to the laptop. The battery now has a capacity of 2500mAh over the original 1200mAh and lasts over two hours. Windows doesn't interpret the pack capacity correctly so it will read 1% after a short time but the laptop will keep going. The laptops low battery indicator will flash and beep when the battery is truly low. A fresh copy of Windows 95 is installed with all appropriate drivers onto a 64GB CF card to IDE adapter. Overkill? Yes. Why? I don't have an IDE hard drive that's thin enough to fit, the Libretto uses a slightly thinner than normal profile 2.5 hard disk. The drive cover fell apart some time ago so I designed and printed a replacement for that too. I got lucky the color is almost a perfect match. I have the original floppy drive and a Casio CD drive I'm including, they both work flawlessly. The original AC adapter is also included, it has a small patch in the cord. The laptop itself is in decent condition for how old it is, but has some deep random scratching on the bottom case. Maybe there was company engraving there? Don't know. The LCD is in nice shape other than a single dead pixel on the lower left, only visible on solid black backgrounds. I think the backlight isn't as bright as it used to be either but still very usable.

Here's a gallery showing the Libretto and accessories. (Sorry if the photo quality is lackluster, I need a new phone): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OQ_BaC3px5xCYv3obkLozxdaKpZJ7I9t?usp=sharing

I'm asking $150 shipped anywhere in the U.S. via Priority mail. PM if interested.

Back