• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

2645A hp terminal with keyboard(working) for sale

Min0rityRep0rt

Hi everyone, i found this forum looking for a group of enthusiasts for old tech. Recently a family member of mine has passed and we had to clean out the garage. Within it we found some older tech and I wanted to see if anyone here could make use of any of it. It currently boots and sits on the screen of “terminal ready”. Thanks!

Attachments

• photo65251.jpg
    photo65251.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 16
  • photo65252.jpg
    photo65252.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 17
  • photo65253.jpg
    photo65253.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 16
I have one of these that I believe still works; the screen on this one does not appear to have a cataract (mine did, and removing it was hair-raising). This is a very heavy AND delicate item and the person who sent me mine used one layer of SMALL bubble wrap in an oversized box to ship it. It took automotive bodywork techniques for me to salvage the case.

I had to repair the rollers on the tape drives, but they eventually worked the tapes are not that easy to find and occasionally de-spool.

I like this machine because it is I believe the first product HP ever made with an off-the-shelf microprocessor ( the 8008 ).

Very cool looking machine. But yeah, I would hate to see one of these shipped. :nervous:

We also have a teletype, typewriter, and a bunch of old handsets/phone systems too. Ill post some of the other stuff here too at some point. Thanks for looking! Appreciate the insight!

Hi everyone, i found this forum looking for a group of enthusiasts for old tech. Recently a family member of mine has passed and we had to clean out the garage. Within it we found some older tech and I wanted to see if anyone here could make use of any of it. It currently boots and sits on the screen of “terminal ready”. Thanks!

When I worked for NERC (www.nerc.ac.uk) I always had one of these on my desk. I think many people could make use of it, and would pay a good price for it. Sadly I am in the UK so shipping would be both dangerous and expensive. I think even if you double box it its likely to get damaged in shipping as old plastic becomes brittle. , but I think any HP collector would drive a long way to pick it up.

Do you still have this available? If so how much would you be looking to get for it?

Back