• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple II software to be given away

Pubwookie

I am one of those people who have a hard time getting rid of my old tech, because I still loved using it and playing on it. I had a TI-99 4A that I had been using since I was...six years old maybe? I learned Basic and Advanced Basic on that and played many, many fine games of Hunt the Wumpus and A-Maze-Ing, as well as games loaded off the cassette player. I only recently gave that machine up (begrudgingly).

Now, circumstances (mainly the death of my Laser 128 [Apple II clone]) including the arrival of a new child are forcing me to unload my Apple II software. I know that the hundreds of disks that I have are almost certainly preserved elsewhere in ROM form, and that almost no one uses these old (literally) floppies any more, but I thought I would take one last dive into the internet in the hopes of finding someone who can keep me from having to simply dump these things in the trash.

So if there is someone out there interested in Apple II games, and some productivity software (little or no hardware), please e-mail me at pubwookie@yahoo.com. I would be willing to mail them to a loving home at no cost to the recipient just to know that they are still being valued by someone. Serious enthusiasts only, please. These freebies have little value to anyone else except as artifacts of a bygone era.

I am a Minnesotan, so shipping in the U.S. would be better for me.

I received several e-mails from interested parties. I would have loved to split up the software and send some out to everyone, but I could not afford that, so I picked one person at random and sent what I had to them.

I hope it makes it through USPS intact. I hope you enjoy it half as much as I did.

USPS shows a confirmation that this was delivered a week ago today, so I assume everything is fine. It would have been nice to hear back to know for sure one way or another, but I will imagine that the recipient is distracted by retro-gaming nostalgia...

You're probably right, that all that retro software has just rendered the lucky recipient incommunicado, but unfortunately it does happen too often that there's no thank you or acknowledgement of any kind...

But on behalf of the community, let me thank you for taking the time (and expense) to see that this stuff was not just tossed into the trash.

mike

NO Thanks

NO Thanks

Hello:

I agree it is a real shame that the person whom got this huge Archive
could not take time afterwards to say thanks. This guy has a great heart
and to even pay for the shipping as well A super good guy.

Jim

Back