• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Amstrad PPC 640 Portable. V. cheap - free maybe?

Lloydy

I have an Amstrad PPC 640 that is taking up space.

It's complete with - handbook, slightly dirty but not ripped nylon carrier,240V adapter, 12V adapter ( car lighter plug ) Modem, Floppy discs - 'format' 'dos3.3 startup' 'Galaxy word processor'

The machine itself is clean and working. The only faults I can see are -a slight discoloration in the corner of the LCD screen, but it still displays there, and one small clip that secures the keyboard shut has snapped off, but it still closes as there are two clips.

If you are interested then let me know, I'm not a collector or enthusiast but it's way too good to scrap and I guess someone somewhere wants this early "portable" so I'm open to offers. If it's worthless then it's free.
But if I still have it here in a few months time then it goes in the skip!

I live in Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom, and would prefer it collected or the postage paid prior to shipping .

Contact davelloyd4x4@aol.com

Dave Lloyd.

A PPC 640 has been on my wish list for a long time, but I'm not sure if I can swing the postage from G.B. right now. Let me know if no one else claims it, and I'll find a way to rescue it before it hits the dump.

--T

Terry
I'll throw it back undr the bed for a while, let me know where you live and I might be able to arrange some kind of transport.

Dave

Dave,

I just looked it up on Her Majesty's Royal Mail website, and a 2-kilo package can be sent by surface mail for 8.62GBP. At that rate I can afford the shipping. I'm located in Michigan, USA. PM me for the address. Do you take PayPal payments?

--T

There is one now at the local goodwill (Ottawa, Ontario) here in the auction.As of last night the bid was $11.

The goodwills here, take certain items that they think will fetch a fair amount of coin, into an auction display.

they number the items, and you can place your bid (which must be $1.00 more than the last bid) in a book they have, and on every saturday, they end the auction, with a verbal last bid round.

i just got a great little transistor am/fm pocket radio from the sixties, for $5.00, via a goodwill auction. no one else bid!

chris

See also http://www.shopgoodwill.com/

I was quite stunned when I learned about it a few weeks ago. The biggest difference from eBay, apart from the money goes to charity, is that the descriptions try to be as honest as possible, mentioning all hidden faults as good as they can.

Back