• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Part of an Attic-ful of Vintage Computing

chiplamb

Responding to a local Craigslist ad requesting vintage computer bits, I decided to divest myself of my ancient 8088 and Bernoulli 10 collection. I hauled it all down and into my workshop at which point the interested party decided he was no longer interested. While I love this old stuff - it was part of a display I had in my shop years ago - it's currently in the way and it's NOT going back into the attic.

The collection is in Richmond, VA and comprises the following:

1 April, 1984 PC/XT 512KB 1FDD/1HDD math coprocessor card, 8-bit VGA, Bernoulli PC2B, 2 serial ports and more
1 April, 1985 PC/XT 256KB with 384KB expansion card (640K working), standard monochrome display, 2FDD, Bernoulli PC0 or PC1 card allowing it to boot directly to Bernoulli 10 drive
1 IBM 5151 display
At least 1 VGA display for the 1984 machine
2 Bernoulli 10 drives - one perfect, one requires light head adjustment and/or cleaning, powers up but does not read - I seem to recall an adjustment made to one or other of these drives
1 Iomega 10+10 drive - same size as XT CPU - doors no longer open so cannot test.
20+ Bernoulli 10 cartridges - some with programs, all others RCD formatted for MSDOS
1 Bernoulli 20 cartridge
Spare boards for 10+10 drive
Software up the wazoo
Lots more

Please e-mail chip at wmsbrg dot com if interested. A consideration would be appreciated, I'd like not to simply give it all away. At one time the Bernoullis all worked perfectly and were very entertaining to use.

Thanks
Chip

8088s

8088s

By the way, both XTs work great, had a good time with a few rounds of Carmen Sandiego on the 512kb box, the 640KB box also runs just fine booting directly to the Bernoulli.

Back