• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Huge amount of stuff for sale!

compaqxp

Experienced Member
The time has come, I knew it would happen but praying it wouldn't, The day when I was forced to get rig of stuff... Or so it went "Get rid of all that computer crap", "Why?", "Cause it takes to much space", "And what if I don't", "Then it'll start disappering....."; And I would rather see it go to good homes the simply disappering, of the face of the earth.

I took photos and there roughly 50 of them, way to much for me to post here, so I'll upload them to my server and just let you soft thought the directory there in, rather then post and label them.

Most of this is vintage computers, some isen't.

I'm not giving it all away some of it'll cost you. I'd like money through paypal, Or I'm very happy to trade for some smaller stuff, That I'm permited to have. (I.E Clam Shell iBook *hint* *hint*, or iPods, just make an offer but I really want an iBook), I also won't trade with you unless you've been on here a while and are well known on here.

The list:

NEC PC8201A - Great condition, works well.
Some Games - Pirates!, Defcon 5, Space Quest II, Invaders, Kings Bounty.
Word Perfict 2000 wooks well, CD.
Tandy 1000 SL/2 - Working from what I know, boots to dos/deskmate.
Tandy 1000 RL - Working from what I know, hard drive spins up. Boots to DOS
C64 - condition unknown, nuff' said.
3 IDE CD Drives - Working
1 IDE CD/DVD drive - Not known if working.
1 working floppy drive
2 IDE 1GB+ HDs - Working
C64 Floppy drive - working condition unknown.
Altair 8800- power supply( needs work), and empty case.
4 486's - various types, best to assume not working.
HP Proliant Webserver 800MHz PIII, needs but SCSI cable to work. (Otherwise working fine)
NES w/controler,power and cable - consider not working.
3 IPM workpads - Fully working
1 workpad dock.
1 modem PCI card.
1 PCI video card (Old)
1 other video card.
TI-1200 Calcoulator. Working.
Asus Mother board. 3 GHz intel prosesser.
broken Toshiba Sat. 110. (Works just screen hinges broke)
Old Nokia phone - Model unknown.
Old Motorolla cellphone, Microtac.
Regular old AT/XT colne. Working, Boots and wait for keyboard.
Cannon BJ-2000X printer, works.
Coupple typewriters.
800MB/1.2gb laptop hd's.
TRS-80 pocket computer 2 - works very well.

And I'll kill my self for this, but a TRS-80 Model....4

There, I knwo I have more but that what I could list off the top of my head. Offers a welcome, make sure to read above the list, because I'd prefer to trade stuff.

-C

Last edited:
wow compaqxp.. i'm sorry for your loss. personally i'd tell the wife to gtfo but to each his own i guess. if i could afford to spend more money on old computers, i'd buy that TRS-80.

Yah, it's too bad, but I've stashed a few things in the Attic:)

anything that doesn't go here will hit eBay in the next few days.

pm also sent

PM sent..

I know we've covered this before and I know this is a pet peeve, but what possible value could these types of messages add?

If you send a PM to someone they'll likely see it before the thread.

If you send a PM to someone why would the other hundreds or thousands of people who view the thread care?

Just sain' :p

Anyway, compaqxp, good luck finding everything new homes!

Please consider the marketplace if you have the time and inclination.

Oh, dang, we goin' behind the woodshed again?

<sigh>

My bad...just...some people don't pay attention to the upper right where it says

PRIVATE MESSAGE WAITING

T

wow compaqxp.. i'm sorry for your loss. personally i'd tell the wife to gtfo but to each his own i guess. if i could afford to spend more money on old computers, i'd buy that TRS-80.

Spoken like a true bachelor LMAO

Yes, I'm sorry to hear that you've "decided" to liquidate your collection. I have to admit that I'm tempted by the Model 4 as well, but, I already have one that's trashed, I don't really need another.

I would warn her that some of the stuff she holds dear will likewise start "disappearing" .. not wishing to start a domestic war, but fair is fair ;)

BG

I would have to agree that "PM sent" gets old VERY fast. On the other hand, getting used to looking at the upper right of the screen to see if you have new messages is a habit that new people don't have.

Is it possible to default the "PM popup option" to ON when a new account is setup? That makes it pretty tough to be unaware that you have new messages.

It took me several weeks to even notice the private messages part of the screen when I first started here.

Maybe his keyboard quit working but he can't find an extra because wifey thew them all away ;-)

--Jack

Bought a bunch of games from him recently which were just a bunch of worn, dirty, non working floppy disks that were thrown in a bubble wrap envelope..+ I was charged foe 2x the actual shipping cost
Maybe he was scared away from here by my complains :rolleyes:

Has anyone gotten anything acceptable from compaqxp? It's been twice the time he told me my computer would ship.. Won't reply to PMs, I'm about to file complaint with pp.

I should have warned you guys if knew more people had made business with him :( I missed reading the thread how it progressed after I bought the games from him

Back