• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Restored PowerBook 170!

bbishoppcm

I have been a huge fan of the PowerBook 170 since 1999. I recently acquired one, and spared no expense in making it as perfect as possible.

I replaced the CMOS battery, display housing (the venerable rear housing), and battery with brand-new parts. I then replaced the keyboard with a better used one from a 160, and reinstalled OS 7.0.1. I then LOADED it with classic Mac games of yesteryear, and... moved on to other things. I also installed a modem, and upgraded the memory to 8 MB if I recall.

Includes a second brand-new rear display housing, a couple extra batteries (one lasts for maybe an hour or so), a power supply, and a padded case (with the Digital Equipment Corp. logo on it).

I'm asking $125 incl. shipping to the lower 48.

For $150, I'll throw in a bonus; one solid and functional (good battery, no case damage) PowerBook G3 MainStreet with power supply.

anyone?

Back