• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

At&t pc 6300 complete

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
As you all know I am moving in a month and need to get rid of alot of stuff. It pains me to get rid of this, but I must. If I cannot, fear not as I will not dump it. I'll store it at moms until I can get it. I listed it on eBay recently, and not wanting to retype stuff, I am copying this from the sale:

But this is no ordinary 6300. It is THE MOST COMPLETE PC 6300 KNOWN TO EXIST TODAY. It ships with all of the original boxes, and everything is documented with receipts. Original loan documents, repair papers, etc, are all included with this purchase. A few other rarties as well--such as the preliminary AT&T PC 6300 hardware/maintenace guide, System programmers guide, and some advertisments.
The system has an 8086 at 8MHz, 8087 coprocessor, 640K RAM(384K on an AT&T 16-bit expansion board), 2 360K disk drives, and works great. It will come with an AT&T monochrome monitor, keyboard, mouse, Citizen MSP-15 printer(optional), and the books that shipped with it. If the price goes over $400, I will also throw in the AT&T 4410 emulator package. Everything here has the appropriate manual and documentation, as well as original receipts, boxes, and most have the original advertisments. Don't let this rairty get away, you'll never see an AT&T PC 6300 like this again!
Note that the following information comes from the AT&T PC 6300 website that I, Jack Harvey, currently own. http://sites.google.com/site/att6300shrine/
As is to be expected, the AT&T 6300 is a true IBM PC compatible and runs most off-the-shelf IBM PC software. To make a long story short, the computer runs Lotus 1-2-3 version 1A, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Ashton-Tate dBase III and Framework, Borland Turbo Pascal and Sidekick, Hayes Smartcom II, and many, many more programs.

Pricing information on February 20th, 1985(actual purchase price on receipts):

AT&T PC 6300 Model 1: 128K RAM & Dual 360K drives
with High-res color monitor: $1991.50

256K Byte Board: $420.00

128K Byte chip: $280.00

Keyboard: $105.00

MS-DOS package(w/GW BASIC): $65.00*

AT&T PC 6300 mouse: $110.64

Citizen MSP-15 printer: $549.76

*This represents a one-time right to use fee, NOT purchase price
Prices include N.P.A. discount
[FONT=courier new,monospace]"The AT&T Personal Computer:[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new,monospace]A multi-purpose productivity tool.[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new,monospace][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new,monospace] The new AT&T Personal Computer Model 6300 exemplifies this commitment to raise your organization's productivity. A member of the AT&T family of computers, it plays an integral part in the new AT&T Information Systems' commitment to provide total information movement and management systems. The AT&T PC delivers amazing power and versatility on the desk top. What's more, its operational compatibility with leading personal computers offers a wide range of business solutions while maximizing the use of your existing software and data processing resources."[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new,monospace][/FONT]
[FONT=courier new,monospace]The AT&T PC 6300 is capable of running MS-DOS, Concurrent PC-DOS, UNIX, and even CP/M 80. With it's versatility, it made an excellent choice for the business enviroment. 8 expansion slots (including 2(3 on later models) 16 bit slots) made it even better, allowing for many expansion options, including a card to allow the AT&T PC 6300 to assosciate with an AT&T 3B2 computer, and to network with many computers in a workplace. For added compatibility, a 16 to 8-bit data bus converter was right on board, making the AT&T PC's 16-bit architecture compatible with industry standard 8088-based option cards. The AT&T PC 6300 cames standard with 128K of RAM, capable of 640K by either adding chips on board, or by adding a memory expansion card($420). The PC 6300 also came standard with a single half-height 360K floppy drive, but is capable of handling 2 360K drives, or a single 360K floppy drive and a 10MB HDU(up to 50MB on later models). Built in color support, integrated parallel and serial ports, and a battery-backed clock/calender made the AT&T PC 6300 even better. An 8086 processor, at 8MHz powered this all on a high-throughput 16-bit data bus.[/FONT]

[FONT=courier new,monospace]The AT&T PC 6300 claims 100% compatible with all PC programs and cards, including Microsoft Flight Simulator and Lotus 1-2-3. What's more, it has support for even more cool features. It supports up to 640x400 high resolution color (incredible for 1984! Most computers didn't do this until Windows 95!) and even has a built in mouse port. For a mere $105, one could add this fantastic mouse to their AT&T PC 6300. The disk included a setup program to allow you to custom-configure the mouse to your liking, and save seperate settings. The disk included a very cool drawing/editing program as well. Want to use the mouse but dont have any programs to support it? No matter! The AT&T PC 6300 mouse can emulate the pressing of the arrow keys on programs without mouse support.[/FONT]

I figure my eBay listing will last long enough for it's fate to be determined, so visit the following eBay listing to see pics--140287370706

Make a reasonable offer and it's yours.

--Jack

I love my 6300s, and am heavily not wanting to sell it. I'll keep the site running hopefully. I'm still thinking about shipping it to TX in the event I can't squeeze it in anywhere, but right now I am in a time of sacrifice. The 6300 surely won't be thrown out or anything, I'll dig deep to make sure I save it if someone more loving can't take it up. I just don't want to ditch my IBM PC AT and books to keep the 6300 :). I'm still in a state where I may quicky decide against selling it. Still, with not much time to spare, I need to list things as quickly as possible just in case.

--Jack

I saw your pics, Jack, and that IS a really sweet AT&T machine!
I hope you sell it for at least what your asking.

Try posting it in the For Sale Forum on my Favorite group, CPU-World.com
There are some computer collectors there also.
...and good luck on your move. ;)

most complete; i have two of them!

most complete; i have two of them!

I saw your pics, Jack, and that IS a really sweet AT&T machine!
I hope you sell it for at least what your asking.

Try posting it in the For Sale Forum on my Favorite group, CPU-World.com
There are some computer collectors there also.
...and good luck on your move. ;)
shoot me an email at stepinside2012@gmail.com and find a way to pick it up in SC and we can deal. ;D

Back