• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: BASIC Game Book

FS: BASIC Game Book

• Don't have the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't have the know-how

• Don't really care to

• Other lame excuses

• Total voters

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
OK, I know some people on this board are interested in rolling-your-own computer games in BASIC. Here's a book that teaches all you need to know. It's The A To Z Book of Computer Games, by Thomas C. McIntire, from TAB Books, 1979. Lots of info on designing & coding your own games, including 26 ready-to-run game listings, from Abstract to Z-End & every letter in-between. Own this handy lil' guide for a mere five dollars + five more for shipping & handling. PM me for more details, or with swap offers.

--T

Does it teach you how to find spare time and motivation to get going too? The past year, pure lazyness in combination with too many other things to attend to are the reasons which kept me away from serious hobby programming, game or otherwise.

I am one of those that has about two dozen half finished games.

Start writing one, get some basics done, and then get distracted and go on to something else.

If I ever actually finish one, and have it good enough to let other people have a go on it, I would freak!

Chris

hmmm..

after reading this, now I know that what I did* is not so uncommon :wink:

*I started writing a game but stopped writing it a couple of months ago
I should get back to it soon

I started with computers in the late 1970s and wrote a bunch of games. Mostly simple, silly little things in BASIC for the IBM PC.

I think I got most of that out of my system then. . . :)

Erik

vic user said:
I am one of those that has about two dozen half finished games.

Start writing one, get some basics done, and then get distracted and go on to something else.

If I ever actually finish one, and have it good enough to let other people have a go on it, I would freak!

Chris
if i had a buck for every website, program, or project ive started got half
done and forgot about i'd be rich.

HA! even if i did go back and try to finish them i'd be lost because i write
such sloppy code i'd have to spend half the time just documenting it
just to understand what the hell i did last or was in the middle of.

ah but thats life...

Back