• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Big Iron available - DG Eclipse - plus lots more smaller...

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
I went by my local recycler yesterday on the hunt for some items and came away with a list of stuff that might interest folks here.

The main item was a DG Eclipse system in two racks with tape drives and more. I didn't spend much time looking at it but can probably get more information if anyone wants it. I also have no idea what the price would be but I can guess that shipping would be the big consideration anyway.

The same place had a bunch of smaller items as well including a very lean TRS-80 Mod 3 with a RS dustcover, a Kaypro II, a Franklin Ace 1000, a CoCo that looked like it had seen better days, what looked like an IBM PC Portable in its canvas bag, and a Compupro system with the main chassis and a dual 8" chassis as well (this was wrapped in a pallet and those were the items I could recognize. There's a few cubic yards of other stuff mixed in that may or may not be related.)

There were also a good number of vintage terminals stacked about. Several ADM3as in both blue and beige in various states of decay. Most looked serviceable with a couple having a bit of screen rot. The couple I turned on worked. None had the switch covers. There was also a Hazeltine 1500 in nice shape except for the fact that the video was bad and some TeleVideo 925s and 950s that worked but needed TLC. Newer terminals (DEC and Wyse, mostly) were all over the place. There was at least one VT100 that was marked as dead but that looked like it had all of the (yellow) parts.

If anyone wants more info on any of this I'll be happy to get what I can or to put you in touch with the shop.

Erik

Re: Big Iron available - DG Eclipse - plus lots more smaller

Erik said:
If anyone wants more info on any of this I'll be happy to get what I can or to put you in touch with the shop.

Erik

Address? Phone #? Email...???

BTW, I saw a Kaypro II/83 come up on eBay today, which, according to the screen-shot, is equipped with an Advent TurboROM, if anyone is interested. (Does anybody know if the ROM is compatible with a Kaypro 10 (83) or not? Unfortunatly, I can no longer ask Don M...)

--T

Erik said:
I went by my local recycler yesterday on the hunt for some items and came away with a list of stuff that might interest folks here.

The main item was a DG Eclipse system in two racks with tape drives and more. I didn't spend much time looking at it but can probably get more information if anyone wants it. I also have no idea what the price would be but I can guess that shipping would be the big consideration anyway.

The same place had a bunch of smaller items as well including a very lean TRS-80 Mod 3 with a RS dustcover, a Kaypro II, a Franklin Ace 1000, a CoCo that looked like it had seen better days, what looked like an IBM PC Portable in its canvas bag, and a Compupro system with the main chassis and a dual 8" chassis as well (this was wrapped in a pallet and those were the items I could recognize. There's a few cubic yards of other stuff mixed in that may or may not be related.)

There were also a good number of vintage terminals stacked about. Several ADM3as in both blue and beige in various states of decay. Most looked serviceable with a couple having a bit of screen rot. The couple I turned on worked. None had the switch covers. There was also a Hazeltine 1500 in nice shape except for the fact that the video was bad and some TeleVideo 925s and 950s that worked but needed TLC. Newer terminals (DEC and Wyse, mostly) were all over the place. There was at least one VT100 that was marked as dead but that looked like it had all of the (yellow) parts.

Erik

I'm interested in the CompuPro gear. What info do you have on that?

tachyon

tachyon said:
I'm interested in the CompuPro gear. What info do you have on that?

No more than what I've already posted. . . yet.

I'm hoping to get back for a visit sometime soon so I can unwrap the palet.

Almost all of the responses to this have been for that Compupro stuff! :)

E

Just a quick follow-up.

I went over to the recycler and took a few pics and examined a few of the items. I didn't get to turn anything on (lack of time) but I posted what I saw at: http://www.vintage-computer.com/scrapperstuff.shtml

Let me know if you'd like more info of if you'd like me to put you in touch with the place.

Erik

Huh.. that big DG stuff gives me the creeps. Sorry, but it really does without I've ever seen or used one, just relating to other "full height" systems I've been in touch with. In particular a day like today when I have some back ache and thinking about moving those monsters, even if they are on wheels.

Erik, Is the TRS-80 III still there and how much is it? Does it work? I'm interested! I have been looking for one of these things for some time!
Thanks,
Billz

carlsson said:
Huh.. that big DG stuff gives me the creeps. Sorry, but it really does without I've ever seen or used one, just relating to other "full height" systems I've been in touch with. In particular a day like today when I have some back ache and thinking about moving those monsters, even if they are on wheels.

I agree.... I love DGOS, it is an incredible OS, what VMS would want to be when it grows up ;-) But man, the DG equipment is just butt ugly!!! Give me an 11/7x0 or a Vax 4000 pedestal or even an elegant PDP8 rack system anyday, just for the looks ;-)

Curt

Back