• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

compaq luggable

bruno

i'm moving and have to get rid of Compaq luggable from 1983! it has two floppy drives and still works. is it worth anything as a collector's item?

From 1983 it's probably Compaq's first machine and one of the earliest PC clones.

If it's pristine and has docs it may be worth around $100 or so. Lesser condition will fetch less.

I've got one that's practically new albeit without the box. I paid $101! :)

Erik

thanks for the reply! it is pristine and i have original manuals from compaq including "basic 2 and ms dos 2".

Yeah, you should be able to get a C-Note out of 'er, easily on eBay, provided ya promote it properly. None of this "I don't know nuthin about this old computer" crap. Spend a little time writing it up, and be sure to emphasize it's perfect condition.

--T

Thanks for advice. Have done some research and listed it on the Vintage Computer Marketplace... Compaq Portable
Compaq's first machine the Portable or luggable. Approx 1984. This was the first legal clone of the IBM PC with a fail-safe "Virgin" backward-engineered copy of the IBM ROM-BIOS. This working model is pristine with 2 floppy drives and original manuals "Operations" "Basic 2" and "MS DOS 2". Also includes power cord, original cardboard box (this is marked up from a few moves) and original Compaq MS DOS diskette. Any offers?

Back