• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Zenith "High Capacity Floppy Disk System" Z-97

barryp

Experienced Member
This thing actually is an external half-height drive enclosure, the drive is missing but I assume that any generic drive will work. It's rated at 120V .8A, which would mean about 96 watts!

Anybody want it? (I don't.)

what is the thing? how old is it? Is it a disk drive or what?

I see that your from Oklahoma. I visited there a few months ago. I was never there before that. It was an interesting place. I stayed at some dudes house near a road called Classen. There was a gold dome building and funky 60s style skyscraper with a ground level that was smaller than all the floors above. It was closed down, but I went inside and rode the elevator up and down. As someone whos naturally attracted to "obsolete" things, this retro styled building was very intersting to me. It looked like a building that could be in the Star Wars movie to me a littlle. I had the same feeling about the building that I get from old, old computers :D

Computer Collector said:
what is the thing? how old is it? Is it a disk drive or what?

Read above: It's a box that (at one time) held a floppy drive.

Computer Collector said:
I see that your from Oklahoma. I visited there a few months ago. I was never there before that. It was an interesting place. I stayed at some dudes house near a road called Classen.

My favorite thing about Classen is now gone: a traffic circle.

Computer Collector said:
There was a gold dome building and funky 60s style skyscraper with a ground level that was smaller than all the floors above. It was closed down, but I went inside and rode the elevator up and down. As someone whos naturally attracted to "obsolete" things, this retro styled building was very intersting to me. It looked like a building that could be in the Star Wars movie to me a littlle. I had the same feeling about the building that I get from old, old computers :D

That building used to be a bank, the last I heard is that it's to be restored and to be a sort of a "mini-mall" with individual booths.

It's the sort of place that C3PO belongs.

Computer Collector said:
<snip>
I see that your from Oklahoma. I visited there a few months ago. I was never there before that. It was an interesting place. I stayed at some dudes house near a road called Classen. There was a gold dome building and funky 60s style skyscraper with a ground level that was smaller than all the floors above. It was closed down, but I went inside and rode the elevator up and down.</snip>

You have no idea just how "interesting" Oklahoma is.
http://www.bubbaworld.com

-Kahn

Traffic circle? Was it extremely large, or why the fascination? On this side of the pond, traffic circles (rotary, roundabout) are considered more safe - as long as you know how to use it! - so almost every crossing is rebuilt into one. Some are so tiny that you'd better drive across it, some are large enough to host a small ball field. In the neighbour city ~30 miles away there is one traffic circle that may be one of the largest in the country.

Where I live, we also have a ring road around the city, but that is maybe even more common?

You have no idea just how "interesting" Oklahoma is.
http://www.bubbaworld.com

-Kahn

The first time I visited Muskogee, I was invited to a "harvest party". Since I had never been to one before, I went along, expecting to find a celebration of the corn harvest, or sum'n. I was most pleasently surprized when I discovered what they were actually harvesting that night. I said to them, "I thought y'all don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee". They replied to me, "Merle Haggard's fulla she-it! He ain't never been to Oklahoma, and if he ever comes round here, we'll run his ass right back to Californie with all them other Okies." Ol' Merle just wasn't very popular with the young people of OK back in '67.

--T

Back