• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage GRIDS, GRIDS, GRIDS for Sale cheap

johnorun

Experienced Member
I have the following GRID laptops and GridPads that I need to sell from my collection.

They all work, are in great condition and include 1990-ish batteries that still surprisingly hold a charge!:eek:
All have A/C power supplies except for the 2260. Other accessories are also included for a few of the units, such as external floppy drives and Parallel adapter cables.
These are very well made and sturdy computers and some of these may have had military use.

>> GRIDpad 2260 Convertible 386 (built-in keyboard) $SOLD w. battery and leather carrying bag and other accessories.

>> GRIDlite 1040 (built-in keyboard) $SOLD w. Leather carrying case and A/C Power adapter. This includes an external 5.25" floppy GRID drive in its original GRID box, that is an accessory for the 1040. These are almost impossible to find and it should stay with this machine. (It will be shipped seperately.) The blue-tinged monochrome screen is cool to look at.

>> PalmPad 2363 (Screen-pen operated, wrist straps, w. external Keyboard socket) $50. w. sturdy compact carrying case and A/C adapter.

>> GRIDpad 1910 (Screen-pen operated with an on-screen keyboard w. external keyboard socket) $75. W. sturdy compact Carrying case and A/C adapter.

Shipping is at cost. I will try to use USPS Flat Rate boxes, which have one rate for the entire Continental US. (Medium box $10.95 or Large $14.50)

>> Please post below if you are interested and I can post pics and any other information that you need about these PC's.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the 2260. Will send you a PM.

Update [because your mailbox is full]:

I'm interested in the GridPad 2260. Just of curiousity, are you still offering this on the $35 price from the earlier thread?

Also, does the PalmPad 2363 have more powerful specs than the 2260? And did you mention that it comes with the adapter cable that allows hookup of a standard PC keyboard? I may be interested in the 2363 as well, depending if it's a better machine (ignoring form factor) than the 2260.

Also, if the 2270 purchase from TandyMan100 did not push through, I'd be interested in that.

Last edited:

TO ADMIN:
Hmmm..my mailbox fills up too fast, considering the small amount of mail generated.

Is there a way to expand the size of the mailbox?
I just cleared most of it out three days ago.:nervous:

Also, is there any way to forewarn members before a mailbox is reaches it's limit?

I'm not an admin, but I'll reply anyway...

Yes, the PM boxes here are perhaps a bit small, but there is a way to see the usage...scroll down in your inbox.

See attached screenshot:
pm_meter..jpg

Keep in mind sent items contribute to that, so occasionally dump sent PMs you don't need any more.

I'd be interested in the 2260. Will send you a PM.

I'm interested in the GridPad 2260. Just of curiousity, are you still offering this on the $35 price from the earlier thread?

Also, does the PalmPad 2363 have more powerful specs than the 2260? And did you mention that it comes with the adapter cable that allows hookup of a standard PC keyboard? I may be interested in the 2363 as well, depending if it's a better machine (ignoring form factor) than the 2260.

Also, if the 2270 purchase from TandyMan100 did not push through, I'd be interested in that.
Sorry, the 2270 is sold.

I don't know if the 2363 or 2260 have more powerful specs. They are both 386 powered but I believe the 2600 has more memory capacity and it is set up with windows 3.1 OS. It also has a full keyboard built in, where the 2363 is pen driven, unless you attach an external keyboard.

As for the price of the 2363 or 2260, I sent this to another interested member today:

"After rummaging through all the parts I have with these GRIDS, I find that since these are working and have several accessories that are hard to find separately, that the prices are more than fair.

I bought these GRIDS as a collection last year and the weight of all the parts and computers was over 100 pounds. I finally matched up each model with it's own accessories, such as batteries, A/C chargers, cables, external floppy drives, carrying cases etc., and these are very complete sets, which are ready to run as is. All the accessory parts are genuine GRID."

I think the prices on these is a steal considering the condition and scarcity of these computers in full working condition with intact operating software, chargers and some accessories, like special cables for keyboards etc.

The 2363 has a PCMCIA slot, phone modem cord socket, and sockets for the combined power supply/9-pin serial keyboard or mouse cable. This cable is included as is a sturdy GRID carrying pouch with that can be worn on a belt.
The screen pen has two small watch-type batteries that need replacing by unscrewing the pen end cap.

Let me know if you want either of these. They are the only ones I am parting with here.

Here are some new pictures of the 2363 >>

Last edited:
Sent you a PM (this time, it stuck into your mailbox successfully). I still want to buy the 2260 and included accessories (or if not, the 2363) with just a few questions.

The GRID 2260 is sold ,but the 2363, 1040 & 1910 are still available.
If no one wants these, I'll list them on Epay next week.

Hello, new user here, I just stumbled across this thread from Google and I'm quite interested in the 1040 system if it is still available. Would it be possible to arrange shipping to Canada for it?

I'm new to collecting Grid systems, I've only recently learned a little about their history and now just have to add some to my small but growing collection, lol.

I may also be interested in the other two, but my money situation is a little tight at the moment so it would depend on what I can work into the budget and what shipping might work out to.

I'll definitely keep an eye on here, so please let me know either way, thanks.

The GRID 1040 is still available and I'll calculate the shipping cost for the two boxes if you are seriously interested in it.
I was just preparing to list it on Ebay.:eek:

As I mentioned in my first post above, this system comes with a nice leather carrying bag with several pockets, plus a separate GRID box containing a GRID 5.25" external floppy drive, so the shipping cost to Canada could be fairly costly.
Can you PM me your postal code for Rimbey?

I may also be offering a GRID Convertible 2270 again, after I refurbish it.
Feel free to ask me any questions about this laptop or any of the others.
Thanks.

Back