• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Commodore 1702 monitor

komputer

Commodore 1702 monitor for the Commodore 64 and others, excellent condition in original box, used very little, works great. Includes custom dust cover. Has NTSC inputs for use with most vintage computer systems. $75

-- Rich
Vernon, CT
konecc at snet dot net

4529347107_d4f57d33ac.jpg

4529348801_cf54e853ee.jpg

4529350477_604f3f09f8.jpg

4529983066_9b63dd97ae.jpg

4529983136_8e92fb5e39.jpg

4529350719_a921816426.jpg

That is in AMAZING condition. Were I richer at the moment I'd snap that up - can't justify it though, as my 1702 works just fine, beat up and worn or not.

Those 1702's are awesome. I had one that I traded to a guy (along with an Amiga 2000) for a Pentium Laptop over 10 years ago. The guy thought he wanted an Amiga, and at the time, my 1084's were nicer than the 1702. Today? My 1084's are starting to crap, but I'm willing to bet that old 1702 is still going strong.

Funny thing is that the guy thought he wanted a big-box Miggy again... and then I saw him list it on ebay less than 5 months later, after having added a CD-ROM to it. Guess the nostalgia wore off ;)

Just out of curiosity, how deep is that monitor? I have a small space for my computer setup and was wondering if it would fit.

1'4.5" by my tape measure's.. mesasure.. Great monitors btw - love 'em. They don't have VGA though, they're strictly for composite devices (game systems, some old computers and video cards) and S-Video, but S-Video is split into weird cables that a C64 puts out, so you'd have to make an adapter. Just saying this since you say "Computer Setup" and I didn't want you to buy such a pristine monitor and not know what to do with it.

Thanks Raven - this is for my Atari 800XL, so it would be perfect. I'll have to mod my XL for chroma and luma outputs if I get this nice of a monitor! Now I'll have to see if it will fit in the space I have for it...

Hey Rich, I don't suppose you'd be up around the Albany, NY area any time soon?

I think you can get generic C64/Atari video cables that are split into chroma and luma (pretty sure I used one with my 65xe).

The 800XL didn't have the Chroma output connected, even though it's wired to output it. Once I mod it, I can use one of those cables...

I think you can get generic C64/Atari video cables that are split into chroma and luma (pretty sure I used one with my 65xe).

Hi, just sent you an email that I would like to buy this monitor. I figured I would post a message here also to let folks know I would like to buy this if it is still for sale. Thanks, Thomas

Actually, cancel my intent to buy. Believe it or not, just found one local. <grin>. So, rather than have to ship that little guy from east to west, I found one here. Thanks! tj

I'm meeting Robert ("Havok") on Monday with the monitor. Glad you found on locally too, Thomas. See you on Monday, Robert!

-- Rich

Back