• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Gauging Interest - PS/2 Model 77s

Raven

Veteran Member
I know a guy who has several PS/2 Model 77 boxes that he does not use. I can very likely get them from him and sell them. This post is to gauge interest - so I can decide if I should bother.

If he has any of the Ultimedia machines, I'd be interested. I have a 'regular' 77, as well as a generic multimedia 486; it would be nice to consolidate.

I know that the one I used to have had no sound card, at least not as an MCA card - I didn't look at the mobo to check for integrated. As for the ones he has, I'm not sure. I'll ask him next time I get a chance.

Basically, yeah; I'm looking for one with a sound card. A stock 77 upgraded with a sound card would be fine; but I would prefer one of the full Ultimedia packages with both sound card and CD-ROM drive.

I know a guy who has several PS/2 Model 77 boxes that he does not use. I can very likely get them from him and sell them. This post is to gauge interest - so I can decide if I should bother.

The biggest split is whether they are the Bermuda or Lacuna planars - Best way is to look at the back panel, planar SCSI means Bermuda, planar video mean Lacuna. The badge (´77i´or ´77s´ are Lacunas) or submodel coding (if you have a way to decode) is also good. Ultimedias will be based on the Bermuda planar.

Start here: http://www.ibmmuseum.com/OhlandL/76-77/40_57_77_Index.html

Any reasonable offer.

Edit: I've talked him into selling them, he has two he's willing to sell, he wants to keep one, but I've convinced him to take cards out of the one he's keeping that he doesn't need, so I'll let you know what comes of all that and post back for you guys.

Last edited:
Back