• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Various new HP 9000 books

SunDown79

Veteran Member
I have the following HP 9000 books for sale.
Most of them are still plastic wrapped and all are from 1991.

- A Beginner's Guide to Using Starbase
- Device I/O: User's Guide
- Fast Alpha Font Manager Programmer's Manual
- HP-UX Reference Volume 1
- HP-UX Reference Volume 2
- HP-UX Reference Volume 3
- HP Visual User Environment Configuration Guide
- HP Visual User Environment Programmer's Guide
- HP Visual User Environment System Administration Manual
- HP Visual User Environment User's Guide
- HP Windows/9000 Documentation
- Mastering Motif Widgets
- Motif 1.1 Information Manual
- Programming with Xlib
- Remote Access: User's Guide
- Starbase Device Drivers Manual Volume 1
- Starbase Device Drivers Manual Volume 2
- Using the X Window System
- X Window System C Quick Reference Guide

All these books are 1 euro each + postage
Please be quick if you are interested, I am not going to hang on to these for very long.

Looks like the standard pack from a 9000 series 300 or 400 technical workstation. HP VUE later became the heart of CDE. The VUE manuals are critical to getting the most out of it. There are a number of simple, but obscure, tweaks the books cover. The Motif/Xlib, and X Windows/C books are excellent for someone learning to program X. They teach how to do it without all of today's various libraries on top, and it's not that hard.

I've still got all my copies of these books and still use them, except for the Starbase ones (graphics library for CAE.) I haven't used Starbase in about 15 years.

Hallo,

are these books (or some of them) still available for sale? I am interested. Thank you.

Jiri

Back