• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

ISA386C Motherboard with manual and 386dx33 cpu

ratfink

Experienced Member
I've decided that fun though it is, it's not meeting my needs so this motherboard is up for sale. I've posted about it on the vogons forum if you want to search there, but basically:

- it's in good condition
- it's on stason.org if you want to see how it's laid out
- has 2x 8 bit and 6x 16 bit ISA slots
- takes 2 banks of 4x 30-pin RAM
- apart from the oddity with the cache, it's been running absolutely fine
- the manual is in good condition and seems to be the original one
- the board comes with a battery on a cable [no NiCd board torpedo to worry about]
- no RAM included
- 386dx33 is included

The AMI bios reports 64kb cache but cachechk says there is none, so given the chips are soldered and not socketed I assume they are fake. A bit weird but no other explanation seems likely. 3dbench gives a score that seems to confirm no cache being present. The fact the board doesn't complain but blithely reports 64kb cache suggests it's all working as intended...

Looking for around £20, I'm in the UK but happy to post anywhere, payment by Paypal gift, buyer pays postage and packing.

Looks like I made a mistake with this, cache does work after all so it's no longer for sale as it now does what I need.

Back