• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FREE: Vintage computers

If you haven't send him an email about it. They don't weigh that much and perhaps he'd be willing to ship for a small incentive and the pleasant thought that they aren't junk.

I am not too far from there. I can go and get 'em and ship them to who ever is interested.

OT but someone needs to invite Alan here if he isn't already lol he belongs amongst us with that amusing webpage of his. Does anyone know is he the owner at the store or just someone relaying the info?

I actually got in touch with Alan and he has a loooong list of folks that have "RSVP'd" for the systems. Based upon your email timestamp, you'll get to pick one from the litter. That said, I've got a feeling that a bunch of those responding are not going to show up (distance, typical craigslist flakiness, etc), so I'd still give it a shot if you're in the area!

If anyone gets over there and can snag me a Pet, I'd be forever in their debt! :)

(fat chance, but hey - figured it was worth asking!)

Really cool that they didn't just ebay the lot...

I am number 22 on his list. I am seeing if I can actually get over there by 5pm, it may be tight but we will see. I don't see too much on his list that I am very interested in, but I may grab a PET or two and see if any of you guys are interested. I'll post here tomorrow either way.

Gah. I wish this could have happened 3 weeks later... I'll actually be in the area then for Google IO.

If someone is there and wouldn't mind picking up a IIgs for me, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm going to this place tomorrow and I'm #15 on the list. I may have room in my car for a couple of additional machines, which I can try to grab if folks here are interested. The person organizing this sent us an ordered list of who signed up and what they are interested in - the top part of the list looked pretty Apple-heavy so it's likely the IIgs and other apple stuff will be gone before I get it. But let me know and I'll see what I can do - no promises of course but I'll try.

I just emailed to add my name to the list (I'm in SF), but I think you other local guys will be way up the list from me.

And of course this is on the same night as the monthly Hadoop meetup down in Sunnyvale that I've been planning on attending. Man, why does everything always happen at the same time?

Just got back from the computer giveaway -
So.... many... PETs....
apparently they were only able to bring a few PETs today, and they have a huge number remaining..
so anyone in the vicinity who wants PETs - definitely email this guy, because he will give away the bulk of the PETs on another day.
Anyway, as I thought the IIgs's went right away, I grabbed a few PETs and a couple of PCjrs. Also grabbed a Mac SE even though I already have a couple.. the hoarder impulse was irresistible.

I say again...

If anyone would be willing to snag and ship me a Pet, I'd be forever in their debt :) (as in, I'd be glad to give them something for their time/effort and shipping, work out a trade, etc)

I know I'm reaching... but I'm hopeful :)

When the PETs come up for give away I would be willing to grab a few and get them to you guys. I would need to sell them though (for cheap) and you'll need to pay the shipping. I'll probably put them on the vintage market place (and not Ebay) so the competition will be minimal and the end price should be reasonable.

That being said I am not going to grab a large quantity, I am thinking around 4 or 5 at most and I won't test them, you'll get them as is. Keep in mind these are coming from a repair shop, so more than likely they will need to be fixed.

Don't PM me, I'll post a link if and when I do this. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

I have listed one PET here. Its the one I grabbed on the first round. I still have not heard back from the guy on the others, but when I get then I'll list them the same way.

So here you go: http://marketplace.vintage-computer.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=109858

Remember, these units are from a repair house, so they may very well need minor or major repair. I won't be testing them, nor will I make any guarantees on functionality. Also, at most I'll be able to get another 4 or 5, but probably less and there is a possibility I may not be able to go to the second round, so bid often and bid early :D

lol 13 days of no bidding left! (assuming everyone will have ebay fever and wait until last hours). Anyway to point attention to your auction, that last picture is that actual system powered on and displaying the basic and ram count? What are the numbers there (couldn't quite read the RAM count). Either way outside of probably needing to clean the keyboard contacts (normal issue with any aged keyboard with dust) it's pretty comforting to see the screen displaying properly.

Back