• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: IBM PS/2 Model 57sx and IBM 350 PC

tankhokie

I am new here, but I wanted to see if anyone was interested in these 2 older computers that I have been holding on to.

I thought someone may want the big CPU's for something and that would be better than taking them to the dump.

They both run fine, I just have wiped the HD's on each to clean them off. I also have the 15inch color monitor that came with the PS/2 Model 57sx which still works.

Reply back here if you are interested so I am not forced to trash them by my anti-pack-rat wife.

:roll:

Also, let me know if you want some pics too...I just didn't think about them before posting.

Hi!

Hi!

Hi tankhokie. I'm new here too (this is my 1st post) so you're not alone.
I'm interested in pictures of both these systems, as I beleive they're fairly rare/old :wink:. Thanks,

Moonshadow

Ok, bear with me here, this is a new venture to try to link pics...(Since we can't upload pics here, and I don't know how to make a website - these are not my unit, but look exactly the same) here we go:

The PS/2 model 57SX

ps2_57sx_1_full.jpeg

ps2_57sx_3_full.jpeg

Mine has a few different cards in the microchanneled board

The IBM Personal Computer 350

mvc-805s.jpg

mvc-806s.jpg

Again, mine has a few different cards

Finally the IBM type 8515 color monitor (mine only has the tilt and swivel stand (not the lifting stand shown)
12563085.jpg

I have a big weakness for IBM machines. My 3 favorite PS/2s of my considerable IBM collection are the 8580, 8557 and the 8570. Can't remember the specific feature I liked about the 57.

The box I'm posting this on is a 350-6587 which I upgraded to a faster MMX processor. I have a couple of faster machiles but I like the versatility of the 350 which was the top of the 300 line.

Lawrence

The MCA Mafia! "We Did it our way"

Are you a member Terry? I still got to get the banner on my site....

-Vlad

Terry Yager said:
vlad said:
The MCA Mafia! "We Did it our way"

Are you a member Terry? I still got to get the banner on my site....

-Vlad

No, I'm actually more of an EISA man, myself.

--T

I frequented the still very active usenet PS/2 group for years. Still have Free Agent on most of my boxes. Hardly ever use usenet since Google took it over from Deja-News.

I have an IBM PS/1 m.2133 EISA. Have never played with EISA that much. Are there still any active EISA newsgroups. I have spare ATI Mach32 graphics and Adaptec SCSI EISA cards. Any demand for them out there ?

Lawrence

Lawrence,

The main reason I stuck with EISA was so I could continue using my Adaptec 1742. It's a very nice card (very fast for it's time).

Your PS/1 sounds kewl, especially the irony factor. I never knew IBM made any EISA machines.

--T

If IBM had made MCA an open design so other manufacturers of the by then dreaded compatibles could use it, I wonder if the PC development had been speeded up; maybe "MCA Express" by 1998? Sure, EISA is similar in capacity to MCA, but it didn't take off very much neither. Not until the VL Bus and PCI cards, ISA seemed to be doomed.

Terry Yager said:
Lawrence,

The main reason I stuck with EISA was so I could continue using my Adaptec 1742. It's a very nice card (very fast for it's time).

Your PS/1 sounds kewl, especially the irony factor. I never knew IBM made any EISA machines.

--T

As it turns out it was an IBM Ambra Local Bus. Could have swore I had an EISA machine tho. EISA was of course put out by a consortium of major computer manufacturers in response to IBM's stupid heavy-handed and costly licensing for MCA.

Have to do a new inventory one of these years. Or at least get better organized. At least I have lots of space now compared to the crazy jammed days when I lived in apartments. And no S.O. to tell me to "get rid of that junk". :^))

Lawrence

Back