• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

What is it worth? TRS-80 Model I

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
Thinking of selling my Model I. It is a complete 48K system with double density controller and 2 floppy drives. And monitor
of course. Not really looking to sell (unless I get a really generous offer!) just would like to get an idea.

Attachments

• 100_0485.jpg
    100_0485.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0488.jpg
    100_0488.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0497.jpg
    100_0497.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1
Throw it up on ebay with the desired reserve and see what happens. I don't know how big the Tandy TRS-80 B&W collecting crowd is to be honest. Short on cash?

It's an early system time-line (77) wise so pretty nice in a collection but yeah complete and working systems the price goes up quite a bit. I think a lot of folks are happy to see what you're up to but like myself already have one. Interesting to see prices in active auctions though.

When I used to sell on FeeBay, and it's been a few years now, I'd get $175 for the keyboard and power supply (and I'd throw in a composite cable that I made from a scrap AT keyboard) or for a E/I with 32K RAM, power supply and the right cable for the CPU connection. I'd get $100 a piece for floppy drives and 50 bucks for a monitor.

Of course, they would all be shown working.

I'd never sell the system as a system though as there is a much wider audience for the parts. People with keyboards want and E/I, people with E/Is want floppies, so, more potential bidders.

Now-a-days, I have pre-paid buyers on a list for whenever I get a system repaired and put together and others who want pieces. I get $600 for a system like you have.

Back