• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Micromodule 85

tomasont

Experienced Member
I'm thinking of selling my Micromodule 85. This is an 8085 trainer from my college days. It came as a kit from Bell & Howell, who owned the DeVry schools at that time. Anyone interested in something like that? I'm still trying to track down the documentation. I know it's around here somewhere.

Is this the B&H trainer consisting of various functions (RAM, ROM, displays, et c.) all on separate boards?

Hi,

How much are you thinking for it?

Thanks
Bobby

QUOTE=tomasont;193884]This is a single board computer. It included a small plastic case to make it portable.

View attachment 6703[/QUOTE]

I was thinking $100, but I think glitch is going to buy it. BTW, I did find the documentation, including source code, and fired it up to make sure it still works.

Good price, and definitely a good person to buy it if that goes through. Nice to see things got to active members of that technology. Let us know of course once the deal is done, you may have some other offers if not.

Good price, and definitely a good person to buy it if that goes through. Nice to see things got to active members of that technology. Let us know of course once the deal is done, you may have some other offers if not.

Thanks! Looks like I'll be getting it...just need a week or two to save up the money. The Micromodule should prove to be more useful than gnusim8085 for testing small bits of 8085 code...especially as gnusim8085 seems to be unwilling to jump into memory that isn't part of the result from the assembler. It'll certainly get used, and the documentation will get scanned and posted.

I'm not sure how long DeVry used these. I got mine in the fall of 1983. It was a standard item on the booklist. They were no longer being given to new students by the time I graduated in 1986. They had switched to a small Z80 computer, but I can't remember the brand. Maybe a Laser? Did VTech make a Z80 computer?

For those interested in this item, I did end up buying it from tomasont (smooth transaction, too!). The documentation is pretty extensive, including listings of the monitor source. I plan on scanning everything in when I get the chance, and I'll make it publicly available through my website once everything is scanned.

I was going through some old college boxes and found mine (I got it in fall of '82). I have the breakout cable for the I/O, but I haven't come across the manuals yet (although the scanned ones from 'glitch' may suffice).

Anybody interested in it?

tomasont had mentioned something about $100 for his. It's a bit sentimental, but I'm not using it, so I'd rather see somebody get some usefulness out of it. I'm pretty reasonable, shoot me a number (privately if you want - http://bit.ly/eJaNwR).

Back