• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ibm Pc-2

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
From my email inbox said:
As for my PC-2, here's the data: I bought it for a consulting project in fall 1983, and used it as my main computer until late 1991(!). It is more or less a PC-XT without the hard disk and came with DOS 2.0. It came from a "gray market" jobber who installed half-height floppy drives, back when those were very unusual, so that it had an extra disk-drive bay. A couple of years later (late ’85, as I recall) I put a 20 meg(!) hard drive in that slot, and also maxed out the memory to 640K. I also still have the old Amdek color monitor for it (on the back it says it was made in March 1983). This was back in the days when you had a choice of a monochrome monitor (usually green on black) that was better (i.e., higher-resolution) for text, or a color monitor both for color and graphics (altho the resolution was pretty dismal). Pays your money & takes your choice...

I still have the original DOS 2.0 manual, in that funky small 3-ring binder that fit into a cloth-covered box, and the "Guide to Operations" in the same format.

Again, free to anyone who want it for the cost of shipping.

The above item is available for the cost of shipping from Reno NV or thereabouts. Pickup, I'm sure, is also an option.

This is not my system but I will put you in touch with the donor if you PM me a request.

The usual disclaimers apply! :)

Back