• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Very Early BeBox free to a good home

mryon

Experienced Member
It's old...before we sold them to the public, before there were Blinkenlights.

A Rev 5 motherboard with two 66mhz PPC 603s.
SCSI HD and CD-ROM.

I don't remember what version of the OS is on it, probably DR6.
It's not upgradable any more (not enough room in flash).

Probably 16meg of RAM or so...

Not good much but at least it's unusual.

The OS is so old that you may not even recognise it as BeOS (but that's sort of cool, right?)

Here is a horrible pic.

It's really not worth shipping but if you are in the Bay Area and want to pick it up, it's all yours.

If you feel guilty, I like HP caluclators, Spectrums or I could use an AT power supply. ;)

Please, give Old Blue a home. ;)

EDIT, if you've got any Byte Mags to trade, that's be even better. :)

Attachments

• BeBox.JPG
    BeBox.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
Hey, if it's not gone already, I'm interested in paying you to ship it to me in Seattle.

Drop me a line. Thanks!

Oh yeah, and I have some duplicates in my old Byte collection... I could easily be persuaded to go make a list.

another BeBox

another BeBox

I've also got a BeBox looking for a good home. I'm in Sydney, Australia. Perhaps someone in the area would be interested.

It's a production model PowerPC 603 Dual 66Mhz with full faceplate. Comes with all OS versions from Developer Release 8 to BeOS 5, as well as some commercial software like Gobe Productive. I forget the details, but it has about 100MB of RAM.

Please contact me a pahtz [at] yahoo [dot] com.au if you're interested.

He's dead Jim

He's dead Jim

Thanks to everyone who asked about it...

But just as I was about to send the BeBox to it's new home I decided to give it one last boot check.

nothing.

At least it died before I sent it to someone.

Oh well, at least I can use the power supply for my Replica 1.

Micom 2000 said:
Grrrrrr !!!

I censored my comments, they were not becoming on you.

L

If you were about to flame me for something beyond my control, I'd love to hear it.

Back