• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PS/2 Model 30 Self made rebuild kit

k2x4b524[

Veteran Member
WP_000045.jpg

What you see here are parts from a Model 30 or mine. What you don't see are the top of the case and the bottom of the case. What happened is the hard drive crashed, quite gloriously, and quit working so i disassembled the system. The bottom of the case i am retaining for the sheet metal and the top was already cracked. I can include the bottom if there is significant interest. Anyway, as in the picture, the 8086 planar, riser card *clock battery has no corrosion*, power supply, 720kb floppy drive. Also included are the floppy and hard drive face plate, front plastic bezel and back plate.

Also in the picture is a 1.44mb from a model 30-286 pull, working. *spoken for*

I ask 75$ plus shipping for this setup. *More than willing to hear offers*

PM Or Email, k2x4b524p@hotmail.com

Last edited:
That is a very nice static dissipating rug you've got all of those components sitting on. The only thing you are missing is a cat rubbing up against them.

I think you missed the point. Static damage can be very subtle. The items need to be stored properly, and static is one of the bigger concerns.

As nice as the rug is, it's not in the same universe as a proper static dissipating bag. Heck, even a hardwood floor would be far better.

Man the only thing I need is the floppy drives and bezel. (Though you said one is 1.44MB and is on a card edge connector, that's strange, never seen one like that before). And that is for my model 25, which share the same part.

Back