• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Last Chance! Tape Drives

Vlad

Ok I've got two tape drives here. A Colorado 250, and one that just says 120MB.

I have a box of new tapes for the 120MB one and no tapes for the Colorado 250. They are untested as I have no way to test them. The 120MB is MFM and the Colorado 250 is Floppy sized IDE. I've offered these twice drive before, they are free.

If I get no takers this time around, they got a date with the big green monster that is the Waste Management Truck......

-VK

FREE!!

The 'Jumbo 250' uses the same DC-2120 tapes as the older (120Mb) models, just uses (software-driven) on-the-fly data-compression to (optionally) store twice the data at half the speed. A 500Mb backup takes about 3.5 - 4 hourz, and usez two tapes.

The IDE (&SCSI) versions are automatically recognized by Win9x's BACKUP command, and assigned thier own drive letter (seen by the system as-if another floppy drive (block device)).

--T

Last edited:
Ah, I THINK the box of tapes are DC-2120. Still can't use them though, I have other means of storage. Anyone intrested?

-VK

I quit using tape-drives (including the 4Gb DAT drives that I 'retired') for back-up when I (finally) moved into the multi-gigabyte storage (Who has the time)...? Still a great soloution, if anyone has some smaller back-up needs (and the tapes are getting harder to find these dayz). Nowadayz, I don't do backups at all, since hardware & software have become 'disposable'.

--T

Last edited:
All of the tapes are new, never used. Someone will hopefully want them before the Big Green Monster gets them!

-VK

Back