• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage Systems for Sale - IBM, AT&T, Commodore, Kaypro

vintage&recycle

*Location - Southern Indiana
*Willing to Ship (buyer pays all or part of shipping cost)
*Prices to be negotiated

***I'm editing the items that I have. I incorrectly listed the IBM's suitcase type computers I have as 5155's. They're actually PS/2 IBM P75 486's. Sorry for this error. I confirmed everything else is correct. I also added a few. I will try to post photos tonight. *** 7.31.12 20:00 EST - vintage&recycle

Had a pretty sweet deal fall into my lap last week. I'm still inventorying but the older/vintage items I have identified are listed below. Due to time constraints, I've kind of given up on researching each item/system. After reading a few posts from here on different items I was cowering the internet for, I decided the best thing to do is post here and see who (if anyone) maybe interested. but below are the older/vintage items I've identified thus far. Compared to what I see on eBay & other places, these are all in above average condition cosmetically. Not "pristine", but you can tell these were stored away in a safe/dry location. PM me or provide me a way to contact you and I will send you pics and description if you're interested. I'm willing to test if you'd like, but may need a little help as my experience with these systems is non-existent.

Hopefully I didn't violate any forum rules by posting items for sale right away, if so I apologize. I figured this is the best place to find folks who maybe looking for these systems and would like to put them to use.

1 IBM 5150 - Tested to Power on 7.31.12; have not tested with monitor
2 IBM PS/2 P75 486 (originally incorrectly listed as 5155's) **updated 7.31.12 20:00est**
1 IBM PS/1 2155 **added 7.31.12 20:00est** - Tested 7.31.12; WORKS, running Windows 95
1 IBM PC 300GL 6561-50u **added 7.31.12 20:00est**
1 AT&T PC6300
1 ITT Xtra (84707-009)
1 Vendex Head Start Turbo-888-XT
1 Commodore 64
1 Commodore 1541 FDD
1 Kaypro 2 (81-014) - Also have what I believe to be all of the original software that came with this system
1 Mac Quadra 840AV **added 7.31.12 20:00est** - Tested 7.31.12 - DOES NOT POWER ON
1 Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V **added 7.31.12 20:00est**

Only serious inquires only please!!

Last edited:
Cosmetically, it's fair. Does have yellowing. It also comes with a massive keyboard. I'm at my 9-5 now, but will be able to take pics and take a shot at testing it this evening. As I said above, I'm not the slickest when it comes to older systems. Any advice in testing these or specific things you'd like me to look for, please advise.

If you'd like to PM me with you contact info feel free.

Thanks!

See updated list below of what is still available.

Thanks to everyone who's contacted me about these items. I've been able to swing a few deals with members of the forum and sold a few others on ebay.
1 IBM PC 300GL 6561-50u **added 7.31.12 20:00est**
1 AT&T PC6300
1 ITT Xtra (84707-009) - w/ original keyboard; keyboard comes in original box (they sure don't pack'em like they used to!)
1 Vendex Head Start Turbo-888-XT
1 Kaypro 2 (81-014) - Also have what I believe to be all of the original software that came with this system

I also have a few more - I believe these would be considered clones. Two are Zenith Data Systems units. The other I haven't investigated much but did try goggling what I wrote down off the label - Logix Microcomputer - which turned up 0 results.

Thanks again to everyone who's contacted me. If you're interested in any of the systems I have left please PM me!

You might try snapping a few pictures of the systems. That'll also help folks with the condition or even model numbers.

I am interested in the Kaypro 2 if you still have it. Does this have half-height or full height floppy drives?

Got my stuff from vintage&recycle. Also included many extras and shipping was fast.
Great Gentleman!

The "Logix" could be just the case maker, and it been a custom made, might try looking inside at the board numbers and googling them

The ITT Xtra arrived today in good shape! Yahoo!! It even powered up to ITT DOS v2.11 from the hard drive.

Yeah, they don't make 'em like they used to - and my carrier probably wishes I'd take up another hobby like collecting balsa wood toys or something.

Thanks, Jared!

Back