• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRS 80 Model 16B

billdeg

Technician
I have a TRS 80 Model 16B for sale whole or in parts. (I posted this same info on the TRS 80 Yahoo Group)

I turned the system on and it asked for the OS disk drive 0 light turns on as expected. Before I could continue I started to smell smoke so I quickly turned off the machine. The display works at least for as long as I had the system on, but there is a bad cap on the video power supply controller that needs to be replaced. I then opened the system to inspect it. I found what I believe to be the failing cap tucked in the corner of the video supply. I had switched off before it went up in smoke so it is not obvious. There are those RIFA caps in the video power supply. You know the drill.

Tandy sticker was still intact when I opened the system up, but the power supply cover was missing two screws on the bottom, perhaps this was repaired by a Tandy tech early in the system's life and he left these two screws off. Not sure.

Anyway, I tested system without display attached, no smoke. Very clean insides no rust or corrosion. I did a visual inspection of the main power supply, very clean no corrosion or burns.

Cards:
- 6800 card and two 256K RAM cards attached with the connector cable
- I/O card
- Drive controller card with ribbon cable that must have attached to an external HD or drive chassis. (you'd need a terminator to run without)

I was not able to test the keyboard without video.

I did not test the drives.

I did not really need to clean the insides much other than a little dust. I did have to clean the outsides from dust/dirt. Nice white finish, no obvious problems. I asked my business associate Sean to take some photos, I accidentally deleted the site I took (oops).

Anyway, if you're interested in the entire system or parts of it, please let me know what you want and your bid, and I let you know if your bid is accepted. We will ship world wide from Landenberg Pennsylvania (near Philadelphia) USA.

Thanks

Bill Degnan

This is for my business. Contact SEAN through my company site, not using private messages system on this forum please
http://degnanco.net/contact.cfm

Back