• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Power Macintosh G3 266MHz w/Bordeaux Personality Card & DVD-ROM drive

SiliconClassics

Experienced Member
I've posted a Power Macintosh G3 desktop system to eBay and wanted to give everyone a heads-up about it. What makes it interesting is that it's got a Bordeaux personality card inside which offers audio/video I/O and DVD playback acceleration. Has an internal DVD-ROM drive (unusual for a 1998 machine) and the video card is maxed-out at 6MB. Currently running Mac OS 9.2 and includes the original G3 software restore disc for 8.5. Specs and more pics are in the auction listing.

powermacg3-1.jpg

I'm also selling some installation media sets for Apple G4 systems - see my other auctions if interested.

Last edited:
You got a picture of that personality card? I've never seen the MPEG2 decoder version, just the "Wings" A/V and "Whisper" audio-only cards. Also this machine likely has a revision "C" ROM and on-board Rage Pro video. The early machines had Rage II video.

Back