• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM PCjr

westveld

Experienced Member
My favorite local recycler had a pile of stuff - "package deal - but you have to take all of it" :)

Paid a little too much for the actual items I wanted - so I'll try and get a little from the rest -

IBM PCjr - just the box w/ what looks like the printer port sidecar

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f0062c7vefhb3i7/WFO3EzdU3N?m

I don't have a power supply, but could rig one up if I knew the voltages, just to see if it'd boot.

$25 + shipping for the box

and/or parts from it - negotiable

I am pretty sure I have a spare power supply to go with it, in case there are any interested parties or if you wanted to test before re-listing.
Pop me a PM and we'll negotiate. (like $0+shipping)

oops - updated my profile - Holland, MI
I got an early morning PM from someone who wants it - so I'll let you know

I learned this technique from watching FedEx pack up my multisyncs for delivery. Start out with a heavy box that is about 6" larger in all dimensions than the CRT you are shipping. Put some bubblewrap around the CRT. Then add a 3" or so layer of tightly crumpled heavy brown wrapping paper on the bottom of the box. Put the CRT on top of that and stuff tightly crumpled brown wrapping paper around all the sides and the top. Seems to work well every time.

That's a deal!
I think one of those ship-it places that has something like Instapak custom foam packing would be the way to go with a monitor.
That and a heavy-duty box.

And for anybody who needs a more complete system, I still have this available:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?31418-IBM-PCjr-Starter-Kit

I had a few inquiries on it, but they involve shipping to Europe - I haven't built up the nerve to package a CRT for a trans-Atlantic trip yet. ;-0

Back