• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Photo Mask & wafer Chips

C'mon, guys, ease off. There's actually lots of people that collect chips and stuff like that. I'd probably pick it up myself if I had an office where I could hang it up.
Technically, raw die (the wafer chips) is an accepted form of selling chips, usually to other manufacturers that put them into hybrid chips, or bond them to the PCB directly (open up a cheap calculator, you'll see what I mean under a dab of black epoxy), and so on.
patscc

I'm not sure of the worth. They're not that common to come by (the screen prints), wafers are somewhat common but less and less when the company realizes their intellectual property is walking out the door. Still I agree, they're cool to have and look at. Good for educational use too for those of us who do that sort of thing, although price is prohibitive for education. But best of luck.

Back