• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Digital Equip Corp RX01 Dual 8" Drive with RXV11 controller and manual

mc68010

Experienced Member
I am not sure the operational condition of all this I just know I don't need another project. I powered it up and can hear it spinning like they are supposed to. Installed the controller in a 11/23+ but, I never heard the heads move as the manual mentions they are supposed to when the computer starts up. Attempting to boot off them pauses awhile then gives me an "ERROR UNIT DX0
ERR 15 CONTROLLER ERROR" message. This all with random disks in. I don't have actual boot ones. Maybe the disks aren't any good..

Thing is the 11/23+ isn't booting from it's RX50 floppy drive either so, it may not be related to the RXV11 controller or drive at all. Even if this works I would never use it so, $100 plus shipping and it can all be yours. Located in central California.

Comes with a stack of used disks none of which look to be boot disks. Some FORTH stuff and backups mainly. Some of the dates are from the 70's. If these work I'd be surprised.

It is big and heavy so, shipping may be nasty. Message me your zip code and I can check. I may also be able to drop it off in silicon valley area.

IMG_8306.jpgIMG_8307.jpgIMG_8308.jpg

Last edited:
Drive has been Sold.

Doesn't appear to be a way to edit or delete this. If a mod sees this feel free to delete the thread.

Back