• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

User needs to get rid of all (is the catch) large collection Vancouver, BC

http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16726942

Just trying to help. I haven't seen anyone say they're accepting the rescue mission yet on classiccmp or nekochan. I believe they're a member here as well. Unfortunate times apparently struck and he just wants it gone. Large collection though! Worth saving!!

That's a shame. You'd think Vancouver would have a few people capable and interested in saving a U-haul's worth of computer history. Hope it doesn't end up as trash.

Oh wow, I'd go get it all, but the u-haul fees add up to around $1000 + fuel from my locale a province over...

I'm contemplating the idea of offering to make a run with a stake-side deck truck I have here, though the fuel costs might still be prohibitive for me, and I wouldn't want to have to stack anything too roughly...

Seems like these kinds of scores always come along when times are tight, huh?

Vancouver BC huh?
Now who do I know of who lives near there and would love to add all of this to his gigantic collection... I think (he) needs to rescue that stuff!

Almost seems like a perfect match really.

Yeah I thought of him and a few others although dunno how close everyone is. That's like there being a good deal in Texas. Can be anywhere from 1-13 hours away still.

Yes, this was me and I was forced to withdraw the offer after some idiot started spreading my private phone number around.
It got really frustrating when I started getting call after call of people asking if they had computer X or part Y and if I could ship or if I was depressed an....I was getting pulled at all sides. It's obvious along the lines the whole "TAKE ALL OR TAKE NONE" part was forgotten.
When I move, I'll just cram everything into a storage locker and consider trying this again some other year.

Yes, this was me and I was forced to withdraw the offer after some idiot started spreading my private phone number around.
It got really frustrating when I started getting call after call of people asking if they had computer X or part Y and if I could ship or if I was depressed an....I was getting pulled at all sides. It's obvious along the lines the whole "TAKE ALL OR TAKE NONE" part was forgotten.
When I move, I'll just cram everything into a storage locker and consider trying this again some other year.

Hopefully by then you won't need to get rid of it. Honestly, things like this NEVER happens in my corner of LA! I would be there with a Uhaul and a few day laborers in a heart beat in LA! Good luck w/ the "need to know" situation...

Sorry to hear that. What about having the hackery sell it as consignment? I didn't realize you were the same person lol, isn't here another Vancouverite around here or was that the catch with nobody being able to take all as advertised (that always is a tough deal).

I've got a van in the Seattle area that I've road tripped up to Vancouver in the past to collect vintage gear. Not sure how much of this collection it could hold if filled up completely. I would be most interested in the 11/84. I don't currently have any Unibus systems.
-Glen

I've got a van in the Seattle area that I've road tripped up to Vancouver in the past to collect vintage gear. Not sure how much of this collection it could hold if filled up completely. I would be most interested in the 11/84. I don't currently have any Unibus systems.
-Glen

I think it's been decided: "When I move, I'll just cram everything into a storage locker and consider trying this again some other year."

Back