• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Soft Sector Magazine April 1986 for Sanyo 550 and 555

fjm914

I found this while clearing out my old book collection and now it needs a new home. I kept it around because of the article describing how to piggyback RAM chips to get 512K of RAM in the Sanyo. Lots of work, by hey, you could get 512K of RAM for only $50. Hot stuff back in the day. Nobody does this fun stuff anymore.

$8 via Paypal should cover expenses for shipping it to your doorstep in the USA. Drop me an email if interested. Thanks for reading!

I was piggybacking some chips to amuse myself after pulling some off of an old ISA card.

Also, I had an ECC DDR stick of RAM which used modern-day SDR chips that were piggybacked to achieve 1GB per stick! Never saw anything like that before. Well they were piggybacked and soldered together.

When the Atari 520ST came out, one of the more common mods was to expand memory by piggybacking. Fairly easy to do on that machine.

Atari did that at the factory on the 520ST+ (Plus). It was a 520ST with an extra 512K piggybacked onto the RAM chips, expanding it to 1 MB.

Back