• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Sanyo MBC0559 for sale on Ebay

Man, that shipping price is pretty rough, even within the US. Not really surprising, nor unreasonable considering the weight and bulk of the thing, but it'll limit the amount of interest it'll get, for sure.

I was able to buy it. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I'll let you guys know how it works when I get it.

Great system. I am enjoying mine a lot. There are a few programs around you can run on it but due to it's slow speed and not being exactly compatible with IBM PC graphics (unless you have the CGA upgrade card), you can't run much. But the system is so cool.

Thanks guys.

I am looking forward to seeing what it can do. One of the reasons why I decided on getting it was because it is not 100% compatible with the IBM PC. It's unique and interesting. When I get it I will start a new thread in the relevant forum.

A very cool and quirky computer -- I love how the case is built like a VCR, and the keyboard has old-fashioned spherical key caps.

Consider making disk images of the software and uploading it. It's becoming hard to find. I have some disk images up on my website: Will be adding more in the future if anybody has any. Also I have 3 michtron copy protected games which I cannot make a disk image of. I have tried a host of programs including teledisk, and others with no success. Seems to have a corrupt sector style protection. If anyone has any suggestions that would be welcome.

The Games are originals from 30 years ago,, Michtron Mudpies, Michtron Major Motion, & Michtron Time Bandit. They are all for the Sanyo Mbc 550 and work fine on my Sanyo machine.

Incidentally the disk images and website I mention is at:

www.eriscreations.com/sanyo/

I will look into imaging the disks. My main obstacle to doing that is that I do not have an easy way to get the proper software onto my computer that has the 5 1/4" drive. (Win98 doesn't support the USB port on that computer).

The way I did it was to actually install a 5.25 inch disk drive into a modern computer. Copy what I needed to a disk and then move it to the old system and vise versa when I created the disk images on an old xt machine. Copy them to a 5.25 inch disk and bring it to the new system for upload. I found the disk imageing software doesn't work correctly on the modern computer as windows interfers even if you are using a dos window.

I will have to try that.

The monitor arrived in the mail today and I am expecting the rest tomorrow. The monitor is composite, so that makes me think that it might have the CGA type card in it. The normal Sanyo monitor for that is different than composite right?

The computer and software arrived now. I have yet to test it, but I will let you guys know when I do.

I just tested it and it works perfectly from what I can tell. I'll give you more updates as time goes along.

Back