• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Unix Stuff - Free to a good home

scott-k

Hi all,

I've been cleaning house, and decided I need to unload some Unix stuff... I have two Sun Ultra II's with the following specs:

Dual 166MHz UltraSparc I processors (so no Solaris 10)
128MB memory
2.1GB hard drive
No CD-ROM

1 Sun external DDS4 tape drive

Microport Unix 3.2.2 V2.1 with manuals

Free to a good home - You just pay the shipping. I really don't want to send this stuff to the recyclers.

Thanks

I'd take one. Are special monitors or keyboards required?

They have a 13W3 video connector, but you can buy adapters to use a PC monitor... or you can run headless, and connect via the serial port.
The keyboard is an 8-pin mini-din. I have one of those... Yours if you want it. Pretty sure I have a mouse too.

Just a head's up though, the Ultra 2 is a heavy beast:

http://www.sunshack.org/data/sh/2.1/infoserver.central/data/syshbk/Systems/U2/spec.html

PM me your zip, and I'll get you a shipping-estimate

Thanks

The two Ultra II's have been claimed, but the DDS4 tape drive, and Microport Unix are still up for grabs...

Microport was a System V Unix for the 386/486, similar to Xenix or PC-IX. Complete with manuals.

The Sun gear (Ultra II's and the tape drive) have been claimed... I've recovered some space in my tiny office. Many thanks :)

MicroPort is still available if there's any interest. It's about 14x12x10, and (because of the manuals) weighs nearly 20lbs.

Back