• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pair of Osborne Encore's

curtis

Veteran Member
Okay, here's the deal.

I've got 2, yes, TWO Osborne Encores.

One works, sort of. I can read disks in the A drive, but the B drive is pretty dodgy. Tried to format several diskettes with no luck in either drive. Kept saying the boot sector was bad and the diskette was unusable. It does boot with a regular MS-DOS 3.3 disk. I was able to get 1 floppy to format and sys, but there were a lot of bad sectors, so the disk wasn't really usable.

The other unit has no display. Flickers and shows no readable display. Tried putting a known boot disk in the drive and pressing the boot button (yes, there is a special boot button! Just like the Morrow Pivot and Zenith Z-171). The A drive lights up, but just seems to chug and chug and chug.

Anyway, I've had these for a couple of years and have never gotten around to seeing if I could combine the 2 and get one working unit. It doesn't seem like I'm going to have the time in the foreseeable future, so I figure the best thing to do would be to get them to someone who could appreciate them and get them back to working properly.

So, with that in mind, I'm open to offers. I'd really like to get $500 for the pair plus shipping, but our heating and air conditioning unit has gone TU and I really need to generate some $$$ ASAP.

I'll give it a week here and then I'll head over to fleabay.

Anyway, here are some pics of the units.

Attachments

• pair.jpg
    pair.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1
  • pair_open.jpg
    pair_open.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1
  • pair_back.jpg
    pair_back.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1
  • good_back.jpg
    good_back.jpg