• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Radius Rocket 33 and Rocket 25 for sale. [$60 and $50 respectively.]

olePigeon

Veteran Member
I have a working Radius Rocket 33 and Radius Rocket 25 for sale, $60 and $50 respectively, plus shipping.

These are basically a full 68040 Mac on a NuBus card. It goes in any NuBus Mac capable of running System 7.1.1 (the most stable configuration) as either an accelerator (it boots off the Radius Rocket directly using the host Mac for the ROM only), or as a second (or 3rd, or 4th) machine run in a separate window, just like a Virtual Machine. I don't know if it'll work in a 7100 or 8100.

Works fine in a Quadra 950, but if you want to use it in a smaller machine like a IIci or IIsi, you'll most likely need to upgrade your power supply via ATX conversion or there won't be enough power to run the card. I had to do the conversion on my IIci to get it to work (and it did!)

From what I understand, the Radius Rocket 25 can be upgraded to a 33 if you have a CPU, crystal, and some other minor modifications.

If you need copies of the software, I can do that for you.

Back