• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

1986 Amstrad PC-6400

Grizzly

Stumbled upon this jewel. The monitor says 1986 PC-CM while the computer doesn't have a date but is Amstrad PC 6400. Made in Korea.

Has the computer, monitor, keyboard, and printer. All the cables look to be there.

Any info on this would be great as I don't know much about it. Don't know if this is something a collector would like or if it's just junk?

If you need any more info just let me know.

Somebody here may be inteested in it. Never hurts to try. Where are you located and have you got a price in mind for this computer? Your location is vital to determine availability and shipping costs.

Somebody here may be inteested in it. Never hurts to try. Where are you located and have you got a price in mind for this computer? Your location is vital to determine availability and shipping costs.

I live in Minnesota, USA. As for price, no I don't have one in mind. Anyone who shoots me a reasonable offer it's theirs.

Could you post some pictures of this computer?
IMG_0145[1].jpg
IMG_0146[1].jpg

Picture up. That's the condition I found it, everything looks fine except for the dust. No damage, no signs of moisture or anything else from what I see. Haven't plugged it in yet so that'll be next step.

EDIT: Just realized the printer picture is blurry. It is model SR3000. 161.32401090 (Sears, Roebuck Co.)

Last edited:
Amstrad PC1512 was my first PC (my uncle had a PC1640). I think my parents paid $1500 in the 1980s (it was to make up for my C64 being stolen but I preferred the C64). Mine had a single floppy drive, CGA and 512KB of RAM. I upgraded it two 2 x 360KB floppies and 640KB RAM and later I removed the 2nd 360KB drive and replaced it with a 20MB hard drive. I sold it for $10 over a decade ago, hopefully it's still around somewhere. I'm sure it's worth more than $10 now.

Weird things, the power supply and power switch were in the monitor, there was a 9 pin joystick connector on the keyboard that didn't actually get detected as a joystick in any games, it just acted as arrow keys and spacebar. The best thing was the volume control for the PC speaker, many PC speaker games were actually bearable if the volume was low enough.

Any interest in this? I'm not sure whether to keep it or let it go to the dump...

Do not dump it, but don't expect to make a profit either. It could sell for 10 US$ plus the cost of shipping (which will be much more) and go to the home of a vintage hobbyist.

I live in Europe so I am out of luck.

Do you still have this? I'd be interested in it. It was my first computer, bought around 88 or 89 from Sears for $999. I still have the MS-DOS and GEM Desktop floppies from it, complete with Amstrad sleeves. They had a repair center in Irving, Texas where I grew up. I also had almost that exact printer, mine was a SR2000. Also from Sears.

Back