• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wharehouse Sale -Vintage Computer Bits - ibm s/36 disk magazines KerryVille Texas

g4ugm

Veteran Member
From the CC Talk List:-

You are welcome to post anything anywhere you want, since I want these things to go to a good home, instead of the scrap pile.

Cindy Croxton
Electronics Plus
1613 Water Street
Kerrville, TX 78028
(830)792-3400 phone (830)792-3404 fax
AOL IM elcpls

And:-

There is no way to get everything on the website. Some rooms are crammed so
full, it would be impossible to get pics of everything. The website is
generally for things that are fully tested. I don't have the time or the
resources to test everything, so please be diag disks with you. Dec 1 is
not set in stone, but I need to clear the warehouse (10,000 sq feet) by
Christmas. If you want to come a different day/time, call me at
830-792-3400, or send an email to sales@elecplus.com. No Amigas that I am
aware of, just Commodore 64s, some modified, 1 still in original box. Also
Tandys, CoCos, Microchannel IBMs, old clones, boxes of old CPUS and
motherboards and memory. Almost everything here is 15yrs or older, except
the retail stuff for the local customers. Also TI99s, 1 still in box, and
some older CPM things, like the 3 Kaypros. Also Compaq luggables (they
worked fine when last booted, abt 10 yrs ago).

I can post some pics, will send link later.

Cindy Croxton
Electronics Plus
1613 Water Street
Kerrville, TX 78028
(830)792-3400 phone (830)792-3404 fax
AOL IM elcpls

web site here

http://www.elecshopper.com/software.html

If anyone goes to this and finds a Commodore 128D with keyboard, please let me know. This is probably the last computer that I'm looking for - I had one won off of eBay for a reasonable price 2 years ago ($66) complete in the box, with a boxed 1084 monitor, a few 1571's, and scads of software (shipping was going to be a bit high, but worth it). The seller skipped out on me, and I've not since found one that hasn't been bid up on or just offered at obscene BINs.

There's a discussion about going down there as a (probably highly unorganized) group on Dec 1st for anyone local. It's still being discussed a bit but the idea was on a day that the store isn't open to open it up for the vintage specific crowd. Looks like a lot of interesting stuff but nothing too rare/uncommon yet other than some Data General equipment perhaps. But who knows, she admits it's a huge warehouse and lots of stuff everywhere that isn't necessarily unburied or able to get to.

I take it from their website that they're scrapper/resellers - which is cool. But is this a "take it free, we're tired of storing it" sale, or a pay exorbitantly for it sale? (exorbitant as judged by the pricing of 5150/5160 systems on their website)

That, and if it's not free or close to it, I'd never consider asking someone to keep an eye out for a C128D for me! (not that I expect to get one, but I figure if you don't ask, it'll never have any chance of happening!)

Right, it's not free. They're a computer business I think (not scrappers but I dunno). On the bright side they don't want to scrap this stuff hence the reach out to folks who might have interest in stopping by, seeing what they have and making offers.

Back